Bosch spark plug made in China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I removed the plug in my Stihl SH-86 C-E blower / vac. I like having extra plugs on hand for all my OPE.

So, I pulled the Bosch plug to see it's made in China. It was a USR4AC. I didn't want to buy any more Chinese-made Bosch's, so I tried to cross-reference it on-line to an NGK. No luck.

Anyways, I went to my local NAPA and they had the equivalent NGK in stock. It was $3.60 + tax , which I thought was a bit high. I was sure that I could get them cheaper on E-Bay. So I bought just one to keep the parts guy happy.

Got home and checked on E-Bay to find out they start at $3.50 ea. + shipping of about $2.00. :eek: Some fool sellers were wanting $7.50 ea.

So, it 's back to NAPA tomorrow to buy a few more. Gotta admit, when it comes to spark plugs, NAPA is pretty damned competitive with their pricing. I've purchased plugs from there before, so I should know that well enough by know.

If you need plugs for your OPE, give NAPA a try.

When I went to the Stihl dealer and asked for a plug for my BG 86 blower, he gave me a NGK CMR6H. FYI, that's the same plug my new Husqvarna 562 XP takes.

I'm running NGKs now as well.

I've used NGK's for as long as I can remember. I still recall when they were about $0.59 ea.

Anyways, it's just my opinion, but they're are as good as ANY sparkplug made. For the $$'s, they cannot be beat. I'd heard at one time, some are now made in the USA. Don't know if it's true or not, and I'm too lazy to do a search to find out.

Denso is also a 1st rate plug. The day that NGK is made in China, will be the very day I'll stop buying them.

Bosch used to be a good plug. Shame on Bosch for farming out cheaper production. :buttkick:

Unless you shop around more. The last plugs I bought, granted I had to buy 2 dozen. I paid right at $2.15 a plug shipped. They were NGK's

I usually go right to E-Bay to find decent pricing. I no longer buy them in bulk though.

How long ago did you buy the two dozen?

Crap Bosch made in China? May just be the new "small" plugs for the strato models.mostly buy NGK anyway but bought bosch when champion was the only other alternative.

I was getting bosch plugs that were made in brazil up until about a year or so ago from my stihl dealer. bought some new ones and brought them home and noticed made in china. when i asked my dealer he wasn't even aware of it. i did have 1 new 1 that didn't work.

Not everything from China is bad. Much like not everything from America is great. Sure we had our heyday and was the pinnacle of technology and manufacturing; but so was Britain. Due diligence on the part of the consumer in a world wide market goes a long way.

Edited: Stupid autocorrect

Not everything from China is bad. Much like not everything from America is great. Sure we had our hay day and was the pinnacle of technology and manufacturing; but so was Britain. Due diligence on the part of the consumer in a world wide market goes a long way.

I can remember when "Made in Japan" was thought to be bad. Now Look! Same thing as Made in China.

I can remember when "Made in Japan" was thought to be bad. Now Look! Same thing as Made in China.

Yes, I too, recall that.

Times have changed and Japan is right up there as far as quality and technology goes. I can see the day when China might change it's reputation, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. By the time it does happen, I'll be too old to care.

Back