Spark plugs at the Stihl dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Plug rant.

Wanted to restock my stash of plugs...........Have a big box of West German NOS Bosch WSR6F, running low.

Tried two local Stihl dealers..........

Bosch WSR6F and/or NGK BPMR7A

First Stihl dealer NGK BPMR7A $8.99 WTF!!! Are they gold plated?

Second Stihl dealer Bosch WSR6F $7 NGK BPMR7A $3.75 A little better but $7 for the Bosch

BTW Bosch is now made by Chi-Coms. WSR6F has a replacement

Link: New Chi-Com Bosch

https://www.boschsparkplugs.net/bosch-7813-wsr6f-super-start-spark-plug
NAPA Auto dealer Bosch $2.69 NGK $3, 10 of each in stock.

I'll be going to NAPA for NGKs and saving my stash of German Bosch

Edit: don't know why Bosch link won't load?

Now thats a man that likes his spark plugs. I do too. I have found that it actually does make a difference which one you use. Don't ever use autolite on Chevy/chrysler. Conversley don't use AC Delco on a Ford.

NGK has always produced good results for me. The few plugs that I had that were no good were other brands, usually champion. Not a big enough sample size but just my experience.

Now thats a man that likes his spark plugs. I do too. I have found that it actually does make a difference which one you use. Don't ever use autolite on Chevy/chrysler. Conversley don't use AC Delco on a Ford.

Autolite have went to crap too. I ran those for years in my N Ford tractors. Quality went down and they rust to **** quick, not sure if Chi-Com?.

My Old N Ford is on crome plated NGKs now, they don't rust.

Damm! I thought the Japs hated China/Chinese/Chi-Coms? Guess they like $$$ more.

It's only going to get worse after January........

View attachment 871114

Bosch is color coded Blue China. All my German Brazil made Bocsh has still been green.

NGK being tricky with it. Japan on the Japan made plugs. But they dont put nothing on the China Brazil made plugs themselves. They look same just no stamp. The boxes they are in say where made. ;)

My solid tips have been China and Brazil from NGK. My screw on tip NGK Japan lately.

ngkchinaa.jpg

There is an iridium bearing plug that could be ordered in place of bpmr7a. I only have one device that needs a new or oxy propane cooked plug on a semi regular basis. Have not ordered any it was either $7 or $13 I think.

When KTM came out with tpi (transfer port injection) the recommended plug cost like $60. Not the case any more not sure on the details or why.

I find it interesting that the thread goes from comments on high prices to complaining about where the cheap ones are made.

It's more like high prices on cheap stuff, from the Stihl dealer.

So back to Stihl dealers. Why do they have to price gouge? Same NGK plug at NAPA, 1/3 the price.

It's more like high prices on cheap stuff, from the Stihl dealer.

So back to Stihl dealers. Why do they have to price gouge? Same NGK plug at NAPA, 1/3 the price.
It's a dealer; margins need to be made. Vacuums, insurance, used cars, it's all the same racket.

Remember capitalism is the backbone of America - all your capital belongs to me!

Stop yer bitchin, plugs for saws are $25. each here. NGK BPMR7A, local Stealership. Bought cases of them years ago for less than $3. a piece.
At that rate i would clean them with a wire wheel and re install them. That is what i usually do anyways.

So NAPA is losing money selling spark plugs? :ices_rofl:
Probably if you only buy one. NAPA is gone closest to me. The similar storefronts employee will do a lot of mouse wiggling and key punching for the simplest sale. Might even cross reference it and offer a different brand before attempting to see if ngk is in stock. Pretty large shelving self serve but if what I want is missing, out of stock, they want to turn it into a complicated special order. Same for the plug code here.

Stop yer bitchin, plugs for saws are $25. each here. NGK BPMR7A, local Stealership. Bought cases of them years ago for less than $3. a piece.

$25!!!! some of my saws cost less than that!!!!! :surprised3:

About 20 years ago, there was a guy on Ebay that had boxes of German Bosch plugs cheap. I brought up a few boxes.............I think they were $10 shipped.

Another Ebay guy had 20 or 25" loops of 33RS, 5/$75 shipped. I still have a stash of those too.

Those days are gone1 Bosch .jpg1 bosch 2.JPG1 bosch 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back