ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Depression deals.

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Brian S, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Brian S

Brian S AboristSite Guru

OK, I'm going to say we are officially in a depression now. I'm certainly depressed anyway-

Have you all noticed an increase in saws being offered up for sale on CL and the bay? How about local shops?

I've noticed a bunch of heavy duty saws have cropped up here on CL, there was a 575XP and a 460 last week, now three 441's, couple of 361's and a 385XP this week. I've been watching CL weekly for the past two years and I've never seen anything much bigger than a 361 pop up for sale here locally. Some of these saws are really rough looking so I'm betting they belong(ed) to tree services and employees that are trying to stay afloat. As things get worse before they get better I'm betting there are going to some really killer deals come up, probably the kind that leave you feeling a little guilty afterward.

2. Simple Man

Simple Man ArboristSite Operative

My local Husqvarna dealer must be having a tough time. He is a huge shop with a bunch of inventory (way more than he needs for sure). Well he knocked $75 off of a brand new saw because he said the economy was crap.

I have also seen a lot of good deals on CL on campers, cars, people selling all sorts of tools. It's getting bad out there!

3. weimedog

weimedog Addicted to ArboristSite

I haven't seen any...and I'm watching a Stihl MS650 thats been on this dealers shelf for a year or more.....if the dealer is willing to "depression" its price I'm gona take it.

4. Banshee

Banshee Addicted to ArboristSite

I've seen more saws here for sell, but it's just the off season now. So it's normal for us right now.

5. thejdman04

thejdman04 Addicted to ArboristSite

Lots of saws on cl but most of them asking more then they are worth.

6. danrclem

danrclem Addicted to ArboristSite

If I could get $75.00 off of a 346 NE I'd buy it in a heartbeat.