Hutzl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend that repaired a farm boss with one and is happy with it. But.... He doesn't use it often. For a commercial saw if go with oem or a company you know is good. Or a big bore kit. My philosophy about that sort or thing is buy the best you can afford.

I've rebuilt a 026 and Jonsered 2145 with Hutzl top ends and they now both have little compression after about 5 hours of use. I suspect it's the cheap piston rings

I got a chain adjuster kit that was supposed to be the right one, but was clearly cut wrong. No possible way it would work.

I would suggest you know exactly what you expect to receive when you purchase. some plastics have been ok. some castings for metal/aluminum/magnesium have left some wishing for better products. if you are able to "make it work" and have that skill then by all means go for it. If you need it "right" and want it "adjustments free" go OEM

Like Angelo says.

I've just rebuilt an MS230 on a Hutzl engine housing and you tend to find things are just a bit off. For instance the new, genuine Stihl cover for the chain brake mech doesn't quite fit squarely and mate up along the edges. Bolting the recoil housing back on I managed three of four bolts, but no way will number four go in without some drilling out of the new Hutzl part.

I've got an 044 to rebuild with a Hutzl P&C. I didn't really want to, but the original cylinder was toast. Initial inspection and it looks like I'll be taking the dremel to some of the port edges, even though I'm not someone who ports saws, just look a bit ragged.

IMG_20140423_200532.jpg

Anyone experienced also the decreasing compression symptoms?
I ordered now some new Caber rings to see if this makes any difference.

Anyone experienced also the decreasing compression symptoms?
I ordered now some new Caber rings to see if this makes any difference.

Never used one before, but have often heard others say to buy caber rings separately.

Where are you buying the Caber rings from? I've never found anywhere here that sell them.

Never used one before, but have often heard others say to buy caber rings separately.

Where are you buying the Caber rings from? I've never found anywhere here that sell them.

Hi Dan I've bought quite a few sets from the Greek guy on Ebay. He posts quickly and none so far have needed the end gaps altering.

i did a 372xp non-x-torc complete engine Huztl had to do some mods ae: tap bolt holes and use washers to space some stuff right how ever it ran well for the 6 months i kept it payed 169$ delivered on e-bay not oem but for the price not bad power band change went from hard hitting high rev to more of roll on power it was a big bore would i recomend it ......uummm yes and no at the same time ..not for a saw to use all day every day but for firewood saw used to get 4-5 cords a year yes..hope i spelled everthing allright ferayall....the parts are not near as good as oem and the price is not even close ea: 169$ complete motor cases crank seals bolts top end even comp button and spark plug assembly included...it works..ya get what u pay for

I've purchased a bunch of the kits from Huztl. Overall I think they're very good. On the 49mm Stihl kits (039/MS390) the only variation I've found is the tapped hole for the coil ground is not the same size as oem. I use a short sae size 10-24 screw and it fits fine.

On the Husqvarna 55 kit the impulse hole is too far out on the cylinder's flange and I had to bring it closer by grinding a little groove. Like any part being installed from any source, close attention to detail is important for good results.

i bought a top cover for a 034 with a decomp plug hole last week, it fit great and now makes the rear stock airfilter cover look like crap ....lol

I've purchased a bunch of the kits from Huztl. Overall I think they're very good. On the 49mm Stihl kits (039/MS390) the only variation I've found is the tapped hole for the coil ground is not the same size as oem. I use a short sae size 10-24 screw and it fits fine.

On the Husqvarna 55 kit the impulse hole is too far out on the cylinder's flange and I had to bring it closer by grinding a little groove. Like any part being installed from any source, close attention to detail is important for good results.
yep i would buy again at that price good deal broke my 372xp in start warm up a few times used half thottle for 1/2 hour cool down run the piss out of it from there on no problems other than ur right close attention as some stuff off slightly

I used them a lot on small and big saws, what u want to do is when u get the part is MIC it to make sure it was casted or machined in tolerances. I've never had to return a part yet but I've had to clean up cylinder ports but I check that on an OEM jugs to. They are pretty close if not perfect replicas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got two of them in service. One with Cabers and one without.

The squish band was very excessive on one, I'm guessing the other probably is too. Both run pretty good. The one with Cabers has 30 hours or so on it and still has decent compression. The other doesn't have quite a many but it's still working just fine.

OEM is by far better, but as far as Chinese kits go, the Huztl kits are as good as the others, although way cheaper.

The couple times I've bought Cabers I got them from the Greek guy on Ebay.

Back