Hutzl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got me thinking more, it could just be a conspiracy and Turdzl is using Ebay as a guiny pig to see what the lowest grade parts that we will accept and keep on coming for more. Just because Im paranoid doesn't mean someones not out to get me! lol

I wouldn't call it a pig when all it did was cut up 3ft oak this weekend . Ran like (cover ur ears) a stihl. Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not a work saw and if I made my livelihood I'd aim for a higher quality and proven replacement part distributor.

Here is the problem with buying from "Proven Replacement Parts Distributer" types who also push AM parts from China. Even when the smoke screen of so called grades are put between you and the true definition of the sources. They are all going to tell you they have you covered and have a solid source and understanding of the entire AM supply line. Sorry... but that's proven to be false multiple times in my personal experience and with those I know who have experienced the same inconsistency. Sometimes they are two and three steps removed from the actual manufacturing sources. The best and most consistent source for parts is OEM or brands that which define where they actually are manufactured. For example Meteor. That is a brand that points to the source. AM parts distributers who carry OEM and brands like Meteor, Sugihara etc. are also good places to go simply because those are real brands. Suppliers with brands that are effectively reboxing the crap shoot parts supply distributers from the Pacific Rim are to be avoided for saws that count. Period. I have purchased "Brands" that are defined on places like this by so called "experts" as the higher end of the AM food chain and found when I open the fancy boxes, parts from multiple Chinese sources. Same part number. Same "Brand". One time a box with a "PACME" and the next with something else. I avoid all of them now.

Huztl? This is new territory because Jinhua Farmer Tech appears to be a factory brand. Like Meteor or Sugihara only from China. That's one of the reasons I went there last year for my fun & games project/video saws because every time I opened a box, it was obviously from the same manufacturing operation ... unlike ALL of the other "re boxing" brands bandied about. And I have seen product improvement over the last couple of years with Huztl. I still don't use those parts on customer saws. The only way I would put Huztl on someone else's saw is if they specifically asked for a particular Huztl part AND I thought they knew what they were asking vs. it being about price. Bottom line" When it counts; OEM.... any way that's my "AM" rant. Flame away ...

oh... I didn't say why all this was important on my video's.... and its about consistency. Even though they were about AM parts and fun & games saws... I wanted what ever I showed to have a chance to be repeatable by those who watch with some level of Consistency....

To tell u the truthfully the only reason I even considered using huztl was the price tag on them. Look, I new that when I got these parts that I'd be tuning them up before installing them and it doesn't take much. A lot of tree guy don't want to hear that it's going to cost $700.00 to replace a ms660 jug and piston from stihl. That to me is INSANE but that's the cost of it. To be put simply the cost of such a highly used and abused tool by a humble living of an arborist does not equal out for me. So that's were the aftermarket parts come in to play. The saws that I've rebuilt with aftermarket part have been very dependable and strong and I cut the price in half for the working man. For that these parts are very well worth it.

To tell u the truthfully the only reason I even considered using huztl was the price tag on them. Look, I new that when I got these parts that I'd be tuning them up before installing them and it doesn't take much. A lot of tree guy don't want to hear that it's going to cost $700.00 to replace a ms660 jug and piston from stihl. That to me is INSANE but that's the cost of it. To be put simply the cost of such a highly used and abused tool by a humble living of an arborist does not equal out for me. So that's were the aftermarket parts come in to play. The saws that I've rebuilt with aftermarket part have been very dependable and strong and I cut the price in half for the working man. For that these parts are very well worth it.

I get it... and when I play around with build concepts working with AM cylinders cut that cost to something a enthusiast can justify... Have to say I did get a lot of junk from some "established" vendors. So far the Huztl's haven't followed the typical AM trend and I too have had good results for the dollar spent with them.

I noticed on ebay the other day that the price of some Huztl products has gone through the roof, don't know if it's a misprint or a mistake but some items were higher than OEM parts by far. I'm hoping it was a misprint and may be gone by now.

I sold two saws this evening with Huztl parts in them. One had a piston kit and the other a cylinder kit, clutch cover, fuel line, etc. Huztl is the only vendor (For the most part) that I acquire Asian parts from. The only issue I've had with them of any significance was a part that was different (sprocket) from what they said it fit. They quickly refunded me. I have never had anything arrive damaged although their packaging usually seems inadequate and I have made dozens of purchases from them.

I just looked at a few Huztl parts on ebay and it appears they are back where they were before. I figured someone messed up Huztl's prices like they messed with Arboristsite's web site back a few short months ago. They seem to have it corrected, at least for awhile.

Are the Hutzl engines and parts sold on Ebay any good ?
I bought a recoil for my Husky, it came promptly and the spring broke just as promptly. I complained and they promptly sent another. This was from different batch and was incredibly flimsy....I pulled it off and bought a used OEM from Ebay.
I'm a very small-time firewood cutter. When I go to cut some wood, I expect my saw to be functional. I had weeks tied up waiting for this junk to arrive and more to get something that was functional. It wasn't a disaster but.....I would have to think twice before depending on Hustle's stuff.

I bought a recoil for my Husky, it came promptly and the spring broke just as promptly. I complained and they promptly sent another. This was from different batch and was incredibly flimsy....I pulled it off and bought a used OEM from Ebay.
I'm a very small-time firewood cutter. When I go to cut some wood, I expect my saw to be functional. I had weeks tied up waiting for this junk to arrive and more to get something that was functional. It wasn't a disaster but.....I would have to think twice before depending on Hustle's stuff.
Sounds like a good reason to have several saws. I would usually take 2 or 3 to do a partial day's cutting.

Back