Hutzl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten 160 to 170 comp on huztl
They r not the best but have work for me and they are not way off . Not trying to force them down his thought just giving my opinion. He can go to eBay and read the reviews
Himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throat (type o)

I've got two of them in service. One with Cabers and one without.

The squish band was very excessive on one, I'm guessing the other probably is too. Both run pretty good. The one with Cabers has 30 hours or so on it and still has decent compression. The other doesn't have quite a many but it's still working just fine.

OEM is by far better, but as far as Chinese kits go, the Huztl kits are as good as the others, although way cheaper.

The couple times I've bought Cabers I got them from the Greek guy on Ebay.
This may be true... but do they have a warranty like the others... I think not.

I don't believe they do but they have one hell of a positive feedback on eBay for the amount they sell. I'll have to read the return policy again. But for the bang for the buck there not bad. Ive never returned one. I've used there pistons & cylinders, carbs.,tanks,seals, cranks nd bearing ,covers. I've used them on a diversity of saws. I'm sure there's been issues but even stihl has problem to but the price comparison is a no brainer.

Are the Hutzl engines and parts sold on Ebay any good ?
I will start by saying I am NOT unbiased, I sell a ton of OEM Stihl and aftermarket parts including Huztl.
Some parts sold by Huztl are identical to OEM, as in made from the same mold. If parts for a specific model were previously manufactured for Stihl in China but are not currently in production, their laws permit them to make them and sell them to anyone, minus the logo. Some parts are identical down to the embossed part numbers.
Do you need a replacement recoil assembly for an MS660? You can have it in two days in the US for less then $30 aftermarket or just the cover in two days from the dealer if you don't mind reusing all the guts and springs for $91.00. Hmmmmmmm
I will say that they have some products that are junk, most recently the MS660 standard bore piston comes to mind and the complete MS660 engine assembly. I am recalling all I have sold and replacing for free with MS660 Big Bore kits, which are much better, though still not OEM caliber, but at less than 25% of the price you have to decide on the better trade off for yourself. Huztl will reimburse me for the exchanges, in my dealings with them they have been reasonable and have even told me straight up when a product was junk if I happened to order it.
As far as I have experienced only the Meteor brand of pistons and cylinders approaches OEM quality. Watsonr here is a great vendor, I have purchased from him and been very happy.
All other manufacturers produce less power than OEM and the vast majority will be improved by Caber rings. Caber manufactures for many OEMS including our favorites at times :)
If you spend 25% of OEM on a new top end and another 10% on great rings and make 90%+ of the power of OEM you will probably be happy.
At the other place we have a pretty active thread on the continuing state of the aftermarket FWIW.
DDave
P.S. for what it is worth I ALWAYS let a potential customer know if the saw we are discussing has any aftermarket parts. It is simple fairness and simple math, if it costs less it is worth less.

This is good to know, especially when you have 20 lonely looking 372/365/ 362's in need of a P&C. Should the rings be trusted.
Thx.
John

This is good to know, especially when you have 20 lonely looking 372/365/ 362's in need of a P&C. Should the rings be trusted.
Thx.
John

Honestly Caber rings are so much better that it just seems like money well spent to upgrade. As others mentioned, if you are just getting your firewood saw running again to cut a few cords, the cheapy rings are probably fine, but the Cabers are better and still pretty cheap really so if you have a stack of decent saws to rebuild I think happy customers are worth the extra money.
I will say that you should check with a Huskyphile on any particular quirks amongst aftermarket P/Cs for huskys as I am strictly a Stihl guy and can't speak to the quality of the other orange aftermarket except secondhand.
DDave

I will also look into Cabers
But it's good to here that someone else is using huztl like me and that u got reimbursed by them. Makes me feel more comfortable using there products

If you don't even know how to spell HUZTL, ya prolly shouldn't buy their parts or even offer an opinion on the quality of their various offerings without significant experience using them. Same with any aftermarket product from anyone.

And while I generally agree with the "get what you pay for" philosophy, there is also some damned good AM value out there (Huztl included) for knowledgeable and discriminating buyers..., usually accommodated by reasonable return policies for parts not quite up to snuff quality-wise for the expected purpose vs. price point.

Not to come off like some Huztl champion, (I use lots of AM, used, and OEM parts from all types of sources), but to disregard their products and service out of hand because of some lousy rings on a $12 piston and a screw hole that didn't line up on a piece o' plastic is ridiculous.

Don't like it? Buy OEM...and still take your chances that your dealer even orders the correct part.

( Btw, great info and commentary DDave. )

As you were, gang.

This is a tough one for me. They have a mixed bag. And some stuff works well as delivered, some needs some tweaking, and some not at all. AND as I have learned, like every place, statistically there are some bad apples in the barrel even with the better parts they build. But I hate to say it... same with OEM too as I have learned or any other place for that matter. They have a responsive as can be expected customer support approach. Just have to remember they are 1/2 a world away. I've had a lot of fun hacking up Huztl cylinders for saws around my farm. My experience is limited to the Husqvarna 365/372 and 350 series of parts therefore can't speak with and credibility for any of the other brands they build parts for. I documented "real time" my experience along with some commentary... For those who have seen the video series, Huztl 372 still runs and now has a successor "Cyclops", the Huztl 350 has spent the fall season in the hands of a pro cutter... its still running as well. They both had teething issues as documented. Both were debugged into really solid performing saws. I built another Huztl 372, named it "Cyclops" and this build won't hit the video screen but was the results of the learned knowledge from the first Huztl372 build and its a real strong saw.:) ::) My advice is as I had posted on a few video's. If your a repair shop or a pro logger/sawyer stick to OEM. A hobbyist? or someone with a pile of saws so there is no risk...and likes "saw" puzzles? why not!

Put a long block replacement ms180 into a toasted 170. After 1/2hr run time I checked the compression after stone cold @ 125psi. After putting more time on and no improvement I contacted Huztl and they sent a replacement. I haven't swapped it out yet. Not sure that the replacement will do much better. If/when it S.T.B. I'll have it covered. I have this as an upgrade to the "bow saw" for camp use. It is not a work saw and if I made my livelihood I'd aim for a higher quality and proven replacement part distributor.

It seems that drop in comp is the biggest beef as far as I've read here, it,s still worth a try with caber rings, especially for those you love to rebuild saw. Hurtzl has 5 big bore 372 P&C on eBay for 150.00 delivered! Tell Mr. Hurtzl to sign up here as a member. Would he and baileys get along well?

Ebay is just a blip on the screen for Huztl, they are a manufacturing concern and supply product to many of the merchants you buy from. Including I suspect Bailey's.
Arboristsite would be a smaller blip, though they might pick up a few more dealers.
DDave

I don't know why this pic is so dang big or why I cannot delete it.
ONE of the saws in this pic is completely aftermarket, do you know which one?
This is to D.Dave
The ms660 on the closest left
U want to see mine lololol

Ebay is just a blip on the screen for Huztl, they are a manufacturing concern and supply product to many of the merchants you buy from. Including I suspect Bailey's.
Arboristsite would be a smaller blip, though they might pick up a few more dealers.
DDave
You got me thinking. although most huskys are made in Sweden and most Stihls are made in Germany, I wonder how many parts of these saws are out sourced?
Nothing wrong if they do. Maybe going to Hurtsl is like going to the horses mouth. that's the way to do business if you want the best deal.
The inbetween man can GFT!

61ced97c4443719508160dc11a65b5bb.jpg

Latest posts

Back