Huztle MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the problem, I didn't properly set the metering arm. Popped on the third pull, so happy it was a simple, yet stupidly overlooked problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gota love it when it is the simple things that always seem to cause the most trouble. So are you using the stock spring in this carb, or an oem one?

I'm using an OEM one. I also swapped all the gaskets. The ones that came with it didn't seem bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across this on afleetcommand's youtube channel the other day and though it was relevant if anyone didn't already see or hear about this tip regarding the chain adjusters that come with the kit (if anyone actually still runs them). It is using a piece of brass tubing 3/16" by .014 thickness (K&S stock number #8129) as a bushing on the end of the adjuster that sits in the case. The theory is that the pin has too much slop and therefore destroys the gears quickly. I got a piece of the tubing and put it on the adjuster and it is a world of difference. Actually pretty smooth now. I don't know if this will completely prevent the gears from wearing out, but I will continue to run the adjuster in mine to see how it performs.
I have a pretty good feeling this may have already been discussed on the ms660 kit thread, but I'm not sure as I don't follow it closely.

Davhul is the guy that came up with the fix. Anytime weimedog runs into a problem he just buys the OEM part. There are guys like davhul out there weimedog is just is not one of them. If you look at his list of things he replaced it's very long. Not so on the problem solvers saws. I hate you got that and davhul gets. Left out impression

I'm new here and have read this whole post and plan on ordering one of these kits. I want to see one run a few gallons of fuel and see how it holds up and breaks in on the short term.Does anyone have any time on them yet?

Davhul is the guy that came up with the fix. Anytime weimedog runs into a problem he just buys the OEM part. There are guys like davhul out there weimedog is just is not one of them. If you look at his list of things he replaced it's very long. Not so on the problem solvers saws. I hate you got that and davhul gets. Left out impression
Yes I know weimedog was not the one who came up with the fix. I knew that someone else on AS came up with the idea, but he never mentioned who in the video. Thank's for letting me know who did come up with the fix.

I'm new here and have read this whole post and plan on ordering one of these kits. I want to see one run a few gallons of fuel and see how it holds up and breaks in on the short term.Does anyone have any time on them yet?
Welcome to the site! I only have about a half a tank of run-time on mine so far, but so far I really enjoy the saw. There are a few shortcomings in some parts (my opinion), but it is nothing too major. If I were to do it over again, I would probably have gone with the new ms440 kit, but I don't think you can go wrong with either kit.

I practically have a 390, mostly made of AM parts, except maybe the crankshaft and the engine cradle which I had to reinforce the loop under the handle bar with aluminum and JB Weld. You can't tell by looking because I found some paint to match the yellowed OEM part. I really might be interested in a 200T kit if price is right..

The second 361 hit my porch.[emoji106] Took eleven days.

Cylinder casting much better than the first one. Machined surfaces bright and shiny. Their inventory must be turning over much quicker.
Round up some key parts from my local Stihl dealer next. Muffler gaskets and decomp valve for sure.

They don't buy the jugs. They make them and the better finish is a result of us asking for it.

Stihl muffler gasket vrs paper pos in kit.
cde13e1d2725de6fb64ceac0333ec46a.jpg

OEM is soft aluminum.

Latest posts

Back