Log Wagon / Trailer With Tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice trailer but outa my toy budget

Those are so very nice chains!!!

Not too long ago it was way out of my budget as well. I just stuck with it. Right now selling firewood pays for it all. Much doesn't go in my pocket, but at least the equipment gets paid for. Eventually I should start seeing better numbers.

I'm a medium scale, personal use wood burner, on a...that'll work...budget who just cuts standing and dead fall on my own property.

The market for fire wood isn't that large around here so I don't think I'll get into the for profit saw swinging, unless I hit the lotto, then my back would just get a massive break.....

Congratulation's on your log trailer purchase. It is a very wise investment. I would still look into loading your tires and getting some of those really good tire chains. Weight=traction= stopping power. Cant wait to see your new firewood toy = I mean tool .

Beefie

I use a 4 wheel front steer trailer for years. Holds an easy cord of rounds. Early on I towed it with a ford 1600 2 wheel drive tractor with front and rear wheel weights and tire chains and went anywhere I ever needed to go.
When I got the L 48 kubota and a farmi winch I would pull logs to the trailer then load them up for the long haul out. Two changes I made after I used the set up a few times. Even though the L 48 is 4x4 rear chains where a must and I weighted the rear tires made it an entire different beast, even just for logging. Second was when the trailer was hooked to the farmi winch it made the pivot and weight distribution for down hills all wacky so I significantly shortened the tounge on my trailer to get not so much of a crossed up push out of it. Seamed to work really well

Over kill maybe?
534af45ec9c9ec7969f09582f4328606.jpg

This is how I haul firewood. Either use a JD 4440 or 4955 to haul them. They dump hydraulically. Used to be old Ford F-600s I cut off and put hitches on.

Not as much as you would think. Usually 4 or 5 of us go out. We have a New Holland LS170 with OTT tracks and a L175 without and a Virnig grapple bucket. We grab the trees in the middle and there's a person on either end cutting. We cut up a big pile and then scoop it up and dump it in the trailers. We also have a JD 4030 with a loader and tire chains to drag the trees out of the woods.
0c5c3f3f9bc044c7d9e5f65e5187cfeb.jpg

e6499e9ec527bdb827b13a8ff10c540a.jpg

A little incident with ice here.

Back