MS 200T straight gassed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What compression reading do you think I will get if i clean that cyl and put a new piston in?
Hello again Lone Wolf,

The ms200t you and a bunch of others on AS helped me rebuild (and basically do everything on! :) The cylinder looked ok, and put a new stihl piston and rings kit on it (old piston was scuffed). After, I dunno, 20 or so tanks, I compression tested it at just over 170psi. Nice!

Matt

Hello again Lone Wolf,

The ms200t you and a bunch of others on AS helped me rebuild (and basically do everything on! :) The cylinder looked ok, and put a new stihl piston and rings kit on it (old piston was scuffed). After, I dunno, 20 or so tanks, I compression tested it at just over 170psi. Nice!

Matt
I remember that it took a good while to get going if I recall. Cheers.

Seems Lone Wolf is the 200T guru round here . LOL Some idgit didn't get with him bout pulling 200T seals today like he should have ! Took me 10 careful mins to get the old ones out . LOL
Dave is the parts guru too ! Hes also be kind nuff to let me build some saws for him !! Been so damn good to me , makes me feel damn good to fixe a few for him !! He is a true saw " slut " LOL
No need for threads on them , just every day Stihls I enjoy building . Sides I will be busy fer a while . LOL Good thing hes in no great hurry . LOL
Bringing a large load of stuff for myself also Fri. on his way through .

Seems Lone Wolf is the 200T guru round here . LOL Some idgit didn't get with him bout pulling 200T seals today like he should have ! Took me 10 careful mins to get the old ones out . LOL
Dave is the parts guru too ! Hes also be kind nuff to let me build some saws for him !! Been so damn good to me , makes me feel damn good to fixe a few for him !! He is a true saw " slut " LOL
No need for threads on them , just every day Stihls I enjoy building . Sides I will be busy fer a while . LOL Good thing hes in no great hurry . LOL
Bringing a large load of stuff for myself also Fri. on his way through .
Ten minutes ain't so bad. How long did it take you to get the c clips in the piston?

Nice job lone wolf, would love to find me one like it to rebuild.... Makes a damn good limbing, and climbing saw....did you use a OEM piston, or did you go with a aftermarket....

Nice job lone wolf, would love to find me one like it to rebuild.... Makes a damn good limbing, and climbing saw....did you use a OEM piston, or did you go with a aftermarket....
Farmertech piston, Stihl OEM cirlips with Caber rings. The OP has 6 kids to feed, so I told him I would get him going at the best price possible. Imagine a new OEM cyl and piston cost? Definitive Dave supplied the parts .

Farmertech piston, Stihl OEM cirlips with Caber rings. The OP has 6 kids to feed, so I told him I would get him going at the best price possible. Imagine a new OEM cyl and piston cost? Definitive Dave supplied the parts .

I don't blame him at all.... I just redid a ms180,( yes I know not a great saw) and I put a farmer tech whole engine in.... It don't have many tanks threw it yet, but time will tell how it holds up.....have you gotten any feed back from the OP about how the saw is doing....

I don't blame him at all.... I just redid a ms180,( yes I know not a great saw) and I put a farmer tech whole engine in.... It don't have many tanks threw it yet, but time will tell how it holds up.....have you gotten any feed back from the OP about how the saw is doing....
Well he said it ran great. But that aint long term.

Back