questions for milling with a cs-8000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdale

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey, just got a new to me echo cs-8000 and was wondering how it would do with a 32" bar for miiling. Also is there any suggestions on bar adapters to use a stihl or husky bar and chain since there's more options and cheaper?

Thanks for the bar info.
Anyone have any experience milling with a cs8000? How does 80cc do milling?

I have a little bit of experience milling with a CS-8000. Only a few hours thus far, but it seems to do a pretty good job while using a Granburg and a 27" rippping chain. Been using on 18" cedars so far, so have yet to test it out on any hardwoods yet.

While it works well, it does bog down on occasion which is frustrating. The saw is brand new, so it could still be breaking in, but it was frustrating. I found a great deal on an 084 and snatched that us. I will be using that for anything larger than 20" I am thinking and bust out the 084 on larger trees/hardwoods.

The CS-8000 will do well, but already I found some limitations. I would open up the muffler and see if that helps get some more oomph out of it.

When I started milling I used a cs-8000. I put a 36" bar on it and threw it in the granberg frame. It can be slow, but if you watch the rpms and keep a steady feed rate with a sharp chain, it gets the job done. I have cut 28" pine, 20" maple, and maxed out the bar on oak. An aux oiler is a must. Patience and listening to the saw in the cut is what will make it doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I'm milling with a 24" bar and 65cc, so hopefully at least the 80cc will speed things up. Do guys think I should stick with an echo mount bar or try an adapter and husky or Stihl bar?

21" black walnut definitely gave my cs-8000 a workout, but it didn't seem to mind until the recoil starter assembly came apart and made it inoperable.

41dcaa09c8af89090030c506facf288d.jpg

Back