Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like it would do the trick.
Thanks for the idea, and the tip with the heat.
Contact Homelite410 (mike). He makes pullers just like the one pictured above in a CNC mill. He made mine from stainless and it works on any dolmar from 123-153.

Didn't post for some time on the AS forum. So i thought it's time to show you a special saw Dolmar CX-Super G(112) 118cc.
Saw was build between 1965-1968, this is a early build saw in black with yellow.
Found out that Dolmar build the CX Super(111) also 118cc, 1965-1968 in 2 colours.
Early one's had black-yellow paint later they build a serie with green-yellow paint.
Same as with the CX Super(111) the CX Super G came in black-yellow and green-yellow.View attachment 382015
Found the only the motor and we build a complete saw again. View attachment 382020 View attachment 382021

You need to submit some of those photos to Mike Acres on acresinternet.com it would be nice to have those in his Dolmar archive...

Hello all,

This is my first post in the Sachs Dolmar section. (I currently have a Olympyk 264F deluxe [a.k.a Oleo Mac 264F or Blitz B252A], and a Echo EVL 510).

I just picked up a Makita DCS520i from a garage sale for a 'I'm-not-even-going-to-try-and-negotiate' price. The saw runs and has good compression, and I don't think it will take much to restore it to its former glory. I understand this saw is a re-badged Dolmar 111i.

I need a piston for the oil pump (Makita part # 001-245-050, see third pic), plus a few other parts. Any members in Australia have a parts saw or parts that they are willing to sell? Would rather buy from someone on AS than pay exorbitant Australian dealer retail prices...

Keep in mind these saws are basically the same from Dolmar 109, 111, 115, 520, 540. I wouldn't think finding a parts rig in your neck of the woods would be hard to do.

Keep in mind these saws are basically the same from Dolmar 109, 111, 115, 520, 540. I wouldn't think finding a parts rig in your neck of the woods would be hard to do.

Cheers nstueve,
Unfortunately most people around here buy Stihl or Husky because they ignorantly believe they are the only brands that make quality saws, so second-hand parts for brands like Oleo Mac and Dolmar are hard to come by. Prices for new parts from dealers are prohibitively expensive in Australia, so if you are into restoring old saws the second-hand market is always preferable. What would we do without AS?

image.jpg image.jpg I Had a biggen blow down a couple of months ago. Took out about 10 more with it.
The good news was I got to break out the 33" bar with a 404 chain.

Big fun. Now waiting for the ground to freeze so I can get it out of my field with out making huge ruts.

image.jpg

Didn't see the word "fan" earlier.

I've seen that tree since I was a little kid. Hated to see it go. Made nice shade for the cattle. I guess the grass will grow better there now.

Didn't see the word "fan" earlier.

I've seen that tree since I was a little kid. Hated to see it go. Made nice shade for the cattle. I guess the grass will grow better there now.

Yes the grass will grow and the amount of extra feed for the cattle will out way the shade factor.
Most farmers here who milk reckon that some fallen trees reduce the milk count due to the amount of ground covered by trunk and limbs that the cows can't eat.

Morning all! I have a bone stock 6400 and was wondering of getting a bigger bar. I have a 24" on now but have some large Burr to fell. Any suggestions? Chain?

Attachments

• 20141205_125349.jpg
    20141205_125349.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 16
Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between a 120 and a 120 super. I've been communicating with another member here about buying his saw...we're close on an agreed price but I would not want to buy a regular 120 with a different recoil cover.

Any easy way to confirm without pulling apart the jug ?

John

Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between a 120 and a 120 super. I've been communicating with another member here about buying his saw...we're close on an agreed price but I would not want to buy a regular 120 with a different recoil cover.

Any easy way to confirm without pulling apart the jug ?

John

All I can think of right now is that the airfilter cover on the 120 is held on with a single plastic turn knob fastener and the 120 Super airfilter cover is held in place with two metal knurled nuts. My 120 Super has a manual fuel primer pump bulb while my regular 120 does not, this may not follow all the way through their production years.

All I can think of right now is that the airfilter cover on the 120 is held on with a single plastic turn knob fastener and the 120 Super airfilter cover is held in place with two metal knurled nuts. My 120 Super has a manual fuel primer pump bulb while my regular 120 does not, this may not follow all the way through their production years.

Thanks, it looks like in 1986 it was a super and in 1987 the named was changed to an si. I like my 120 but I wouldn't mind an extra 10 cc's.

I picked this up the other day piston cylinder look good runs good.It's needing some bucking spikes and some bars the one that came with it is trashed.The pics are just after I got it should clean up well.
kick.JPG
Looking for some dogs and some bars Pm me if you have any THANKS
ass.JPG

All I can think of right now is that the air filter cover on the 120 is held on with a single plastic turn knob fastener and the 120 Super air filter cover is held in place with two metal knurled nuts.

The 120si also has two metal knurled nuts.

IMG_20150215_175350.jpg

I broke this trying to change fuel lines on a114. If someone can give me some assistance on finding one or giving me a part number or saws that also came with it. Any help would be heartily appreciated. Also if there is any interest in a 114 or 6800 I have them both for sale.

Back