Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another late start today. Had to drop off a lawn tractor and go with the wife car shopping again. She has her new used car now, so she can leave me be for a while. Cut down a 21 dbh white oak, bucked it, brushed it and loaded it. Was to dark for a load pic but it looks like all the other loads. I did get a pic of the downed tree and stump.
View attachment 461293

Can't upload the tree pic, says file is too latge.

Damn, nice looking cuts. Seems you know what you're doing.

Another late start today. Had to drop off a lawn tractor and go with the wife car shopping again. She has her new used car now, so she can leave me be for a while. Cut down a 21 dbh white oak, bucked it, brushed it and loaded it. Was to dark for a load pic but it looks like all the other loads. I did get a pic of the downed tree and stump.
View attachment 461293

Can't upload the tree pic, says file is too latge.
Nice, clean cuts Stihly. Definitely worth the pic. Could eat off that little tabletop.

Damn, nice looking cuts. Seems you know what you're doing.
Thanks Ambull, but the pic is a bit deceiving. The 20'' bar did not reach through the tree so I went in from both sides. That threw me angles off, as you can see I am about an inch under cut on the right. It did fall exactly on the spot, which surprised me because of the high winds.

View attachment 461337 Got some more fence kine oak today with the farmers help. He ripped down a dead leaner for me with his tractor. I took a video.
Nice scrounge, lotta wood. Jeez...I think he needs another round of tires on that poor tractor, lol. Just outta curiosity, I ain't no farmer...how much does a single tire on that tractor cost? And then to have it bead/ring mounted, I suppose? Just curious...

Nice scrounge, lotta wood. Jeez...I think he needs another round of tires on that poor tractor, lol. Just outta curiosity, I ain't no farmer...how much does a single tire on that tractor cost? And then to have it bead/ring mounted, I suppose? Just curious...
Not sure on the cost. They don't need to be replaced that often. They use more tires to spread out the weight so as not to pack down the ground as much.

Not sure on the cost. They don't need to be replaced that often. They use more tires to spread out the weight so as not to pack down the ground as much.
I understand that theory. I know they last a helluva long time, I bet they're pricey though. Better have some money set back if ya had to replace a set of those things.

depending on exact size they run $2-3 THOUSAND each.:crazy2::dumb2: i think you get free mounting at that price.:laugh:

Saw four this morning...three slickheads and a little basket rack 8-pointer. Let'em walk. This cold snap we've got lingering over us here in Ga has got'em moving. Holding out for a better set of horns than what I saw, wish now I'd a dropped that biggest slickhead dead in her tracks. Ain't that the way it always works...the hindsight theory, lol?

Scrounge on gents, whether wood or deer.

Latest posts

Back