SilverStreak Bars&Chains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive noticed his ad has been up for quite awhile and the price keeps dropping every week. maybe i'll wait till it drops low enough till he has to pay me to take them then. not that i need any new bars but figured id ask if i was sitting on a deal or not. your input is greatly appreciated!

Checked an online chainsaw store and those chains run about $20 apiece for semi-chisel. The bar was not available in 20" but the 18" was $45 plus change and a 16" was $44. FWIW

He says he paid over 150$ for everything but the ad says he paid 120. Last week said he'd take 100, now it's 80$. Maybe I'll wait till its down to 20 and destroy em on the wood pile.

He also claimed in a private email that they were PRO grade that only professionals use...

Looks like the bar is RSN - but that doesn't make it "pro grade". It may be what the seller is referring to though, when stating it is "what the pro's use".....

Rating a bar as "pro" or not is quite useless anyway, as there are no defined criteria - and so called pro's often knows much less about chainsaws than an informed non-pro does anyway. ;)

Why risk trolling for junk, when you can for certain get good stuff from TreeStuff, Bailey's, Frawleys, Madsens, yada-yada? Easy to waste lots of time filing soft chain, y'know? BTDT

I love K.I.S.S. :cheers: Cya at the GTG on 4/26.

Why risk trolling for junk, when you can for certain get good stuff from TreeStuff, Bailey's, Frawleys, Madsens, yada-yada? Easy to waste lots of time filing soft chain, y'know? BTDT

I love K.I.S.S. :cheers: Cya at the GTG on 4/26.

I flip a lot of saws. I wouldn't be buying these for myself but to use for other power heads I acquire and sell after repair/service. Hence why I asked quality, I don't like to sell or even give away lesser quality. Just never heard of SilverStreak before so figured I'd ask. Whenever I can, I buy top quality. I guess never hearing of SilverStreak should have thrown a red flag but on the other hand I thought maybe they were higher quality but rare to find so I leave it to the pros to inform me of its worth. I also don't sell anything on my equipment that I haven't personally tested and found to be decent or higher quality.

I'll be looking forward to everyone at the GTG also! Appreciated the input

yeap wouldn't risk life or limb to save money.there is always that one time foe something to go wrong.

ive noticed his ad has been up for quite awhile and the price keeps dropping every week.
4ce7.jpg

Silver Streak is marketed by Stens. The quality has been improved greatly over the last few years. They use the same machinery as Oregon to assemble the chains. I've used some just to see if it's up to snuff. The bars are pretty good for the price. Similar to Oregon or Total in durability at the consumer end, which is what I have used. The chains performance was similar to Oregon and Total, also. Cost is less than Oregon, so use this as a base. Chains aren't up to Stihl, metallurgically speaking, is still superior to the others, but Stens has made great progress in their quality. If you can get it at 25% to 50% less than Oregon, it's a good deal if you are an occasional user.

The bar can't be any worst than the latest offerings from Oregon.

But for $80, he can sit on it. Now if he knocks $50 off, then I know I'd jump on it and put it in a saw I'd be selling.

Silver Streak is marketed by Stens. The quality has been improved greatly over the last few years. They use the same machinery as Oregon to assemble the chains. I've used some just to see if it's up to snuff. The bars are pretty good for the price. Similar to Oregon or Total in durability at the consumer end, which is what I have used. The chains performance was similar to Oregon and Total, also. Cost is less than Oregon, so use this as a base. Chains aren't up to Stihl, metallurgically speaking, is still superior to the others, but Stens has made great progress in their quality. If you can get it at 25% to 50% less than Oregon, it's a good deal if you are an occasional user.

Are you involved in importing, selling or marketing the Silver Streak stuff?

Back