the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300k for shocks...you've done well. You must drive it like an old granny to get that many k''s out of them.
How are the wheel bearings going?
not like a old gmar most of its been up bush tracks and such the should have been done 100k ago lol did the bearings 5k ago and as well as a full diff rebuilds

My bearings are due same with the oil.
Replaced the shocks at 200k as well...they were stuffed. OME''s.
New filter every 10k or 20k.? I only change my oil every 10k no problem.
Still haven't fixed the AC in it so driving the company car mostly now days.
Valve clearance is due shortly. ..labour of love.

they were bloodly good saws.they went hard but in our aussie red and grey ironbark it killed them.well I did service them daily but things do wear out.i looked for filters for about 4 years and could not find any.plus pistons and rings no where to be found.it was a case of every one who had these saws was not selling even a bolt of theses saws!so bugger it they went on ebay.

I won't sell 2100 parts un less its to some one I know too many heros out there trying to peice em together out of parts and then try and flog them for silly money. I got a heap off gum tree a couple years ago all the bottomends were rooted inch deep in dirt in the crankcases. Some people shouldn't be allowed to use saws just retards

hi all, new to this thread but from Tas so kind of got what it takes to post here!

I have to agree with starting first pull.... have a newish FS350 (or maybe 360? I don't pay a huge amount of attention to it other than the pointy end attacking blackberries etc.) and it always surprises me when it kicks 1st or 2nd pull! and it idle's all day long, something I don't think 20 year old saws ever did...

I have a question while I'm at it for Aus members, who do you post your saws with? I don't think technically any small engine that's had fuel in it is supposed to go in standard postage, do you just clean it up, box it up and not say more than you have to at the local PO?

hi all, new to this thread but from Tas so kind of got what it takes to post here!

I have to agree with starting first pull.... have a newish FS350 (or maybe 360? I don't pay a huge amount of attention to it other than the pointy end attacking blackberries etc.) and it always surprises me when it kicks 1st or 2nd pull! and it idle's all day long, something I don't think 20 year old saws ever did...

I have a question while I'm at it for Aus members, who do you post your saws with? I don't think technically any small engine that's had fuel in it is supposed to go in standard postage, do you just clean it up, box it up and not say more than you have to at the local PO?

any good courier like toll will get it where you want for about the same price as the local PO.

My bearings are due same with the oil.
Replaced the shocks at 200k as well...they were stuffed. OME''s.
New filter every 10k or 20k.? I only change my oil every 10k no problem.
Still haven't fixed the AC in it so driving the company car mostly now days.
Valve clearance is due shortly. ..labour of love.

yip labour of love your right on with that

Happy new year everyone, hope all is well. I decided this year in lieu of my normal ******** resolution, to actually get after it and do something I've wanted to. So I've spent most of the new year down in south west tasmania to meet up with a cable logging company. Step country, hand falling work. Hopefully back in a few weeks to chuck some boots on and have a proper go.

IMG_1791.JPG

They where a little sensitive to pic's so I didn't get a great deal. Next time I'm back I'll get a photo of the saw shed, some serious history in there. They did take me to this old swamp gum, photo doesn't do it justice

IMG_1856.JPG

Happy new year everyone, hope all is well. I decided this year in lieu of my normal ******** resolution, to actually get after it and do something I've wanted to. So I've spent most of the new year down in south west tasmania to meet up with a cable logging company. Step country, hand falling work. Hopefully back in a few weeks to chuck some boots on and have a proper go.

View attachment 548197

They where a little sensitive to pic's so I didn't get a great deal. Next time I'm back I'll get a photo of the saw shed, some serious history in there. They did take me to this old swamp gum, photo doesn't do it justice

View attachment 548196
Great stuff Snowy.

It wally is a magic place.

Thanks for the pics.

IATA special provision A70 allows the shipping as "not restricted" if the whole system was bled dry and the shipment accompanied by a purge certificate/declaration by the consignor. I just went through a few rounds with various postal companies, airlines, etc until I got this sorted and could send a few saws to Canada, having previously had no probs sending a saw to USA a year earlier.

The biggest issue is inconsistency. The rules are supposed to help eliminate that but too many pencil-necked, suited asswipes in airconditioned offices decide to make up company policy that is inconsistent with these rules. Air New Zealand just flat out refuse to carry them on passenger aircraft, even with a purge cert. NZ Post wont take them either despite a courier company they own doing so and for a cheaper price than NZ Post.

Unlike Air NZ, Emirates have no problem with carrying a saw on their passenger planes (my 261 came in this way a few weeks ago) but reserve the right to check it's purged.

NZ Post still have $500 they wont refund to me because I posted "prohibited items" they sent back. This despite their subsidiary company having no problems with the same items in the same boxes, at a cheaper price. If the bastards had just called me to say their internal rules have changed and they simply refuse saws without purge certs, I could have fired down to them said certificate and avoided dealing with the 5 different NZ Post employees I've banged heads against for this, who all were earning money while wasting my time and money.

View attachment 548197

View attachment 548196
Have you done bush work before? will take em a week or so to suss you out better get a 4-5L water bottle no one will feel sorry for you if you run out of water and give you any lol tell they take to you anyway. Will be an eye opener nothing like on chainsaw forums with one load loggers tuning saws every 20 min filters that last days before needing tapping out ''apparently'' and cleaning chains with toothbrushes lol...Good luck with it hard work and good on ya for giving it a go. but if you have done bush work before you know what the go is.

Have you done bush work before? will take em a week or so to suss you out better get a 4-5L water bottle no one will feel sorry for you if you run out of water and give you any lol tell they take to you anyway. Will be an eye opener nothing like on chainsaw forums with one load loggers tuning saws every 20 min filters that last days before needing tapping out ''apparently'' and cleaning chains with toothbrushes lol...Good luck with it hard work and good on ya for giving it a go. but if you have done bush work before you know what the go is.

Thanks mate. Yeah I've been working on rigs since I was 18 (11 years solid), most of which where camp out jobs in the desert. But I've never worked forestry, so it will be a good change.

That's the every day price now champ

i got the vacuum sucker bag fitting with price as well,,,, tho took me a mo to work out how it fits up,,, ah i see the air inlet has a little snip latch that opens and you clamp it on there... hmm wonder how it will go but unlikely to use more than once a year

hmm nope looks a bit usless i'd rather a rake and wheel barrow be faster

Lol. Classic.

The blower does me well when cleaning formwork before the concrete pour. Can't rake/broom it when the steel reo is in place.

It's also handy for blowing crap through the fence where the wheelbarrow can't go

i got the vacuum sucker bag fitting with price as well,,,, tho took me a mo to work out how it fits up,,, ah i see the air inlet has a little snip latch that opens and you clamp it on there... hmm wonder how it will go but unlikely to use more than once a year

Yep that's pretty much an all the time special now. I would say 95% of people come in asking for blowers, not many for vacs

View attachment 548197

View attachment 548196

Make sure they don't give you an axe to use !!

Latest posts

Back