What's On Your Bench? Nov 20th 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And no mike...it's definitely no 064 that's for sure...nothing will replace that saw. Did you guys get yours back from Tennessee yet??
I did. ;)

It's not a brand new one, though!! I got it out of the shed along with a few more and did some pizz-revving the other day! image.jpg

064, 288xp, Dolmar 7900, MS 440image.jpg

Where are you getting your wood Clint? Im thinking i need to get a mix of wood going love my eucalyptus but sometimes its just to much heat for the temperature and my wood stove heats the whole house without hesitation.

In the woods. :laugh:

That's mostly Doug Fir, with some Pine, Cedar, and Oak mixed in there, too.

Ive heard they will let you cut downed stuff on federal land but never called it find out id love to get some doug fir and pine

Was it federal land or private?
National Forest, public land. Forest Service Fuel Wood Permits cost $20 for 4 cords.

Ive heard they will let you cut downed stuff on federal land but never called it find out id love to get some doug fir and pine
Yes, where I live anything dead and down is fair game, and standing dead (snags) up to (I believe) 18" DBH. And you can't cut hardwood snags in the winter, only in the summer.

Excellent may have to check into that thanks for the information. May give you a shout if i head up to the woods to do some cutting up your way.

Let us know how it runs.
I was bustin your golf balls a little
No we didn't get them back yet the monkey is still working them over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bust away mike...their small balls but they can take a busting...er...yea...nevermind...hope you get your 64 back soon. I've said enough bye now. :D

They are all ported......

Jon has 8 saws in a row sitting here to put together. He's been busy taking his dad to see doctors in Nashville and stuff.

Soon......

I just repainted the inside of the fuel tank on my L65, the old fuel had eaten off all the paint and there was some corrosion so rather than having it in my fuel filter I decided to stick the crud in place. Getting a fuel line for it today and then we'll see.

View attachment 382129
064, 288xp, Dolmar 7900, MS 440
I like those black hoods and nice big dogs You guys have on Your Dolmars! :heart:
Mine (PS6400 & PS7900 - stock) are all Dolmar red with small European style dogs.

Come on , a Stihl bar on a Dolmar power head?
At least take a marker and overwrite it temporarily for the photo shoot! ;)

I'll have to take care of my little Sachs-Dolmar 105 (pictured top-right)!
Wouldn't start at all last Monday and made disturbing rattling/clanking noises while trying to pull start it.
Barely got her to work last Saturday , refused to start up to begin with , wouldn't idle , refused to accept throttle ... :(

Also , waiting for a tachometer I ordered to arrive.
Have to adjust the carburetor on my Dolmar PS7900 (pictured down-left).
The previous owner messed with it and the saw/carb now requires re-adjustment!

Dolmar 105-PS6400-PS7900.JPG

That Stihl bar cost me $10... The dogs I got from Bailey's. I hate the look of the stock ones.
View attachment 382198
Respect , that's a steal...
I'd put a Stihl bar on my Dolmars too if I could get them that cheap!
What is that if I may ask , a 28" or 32" bar - and is that a skip chain? :confused:
Both my big Dolmars have a 20" bar and a standard chain.
NICE , now I can see it's muffler modded! :clap:

I really like those dogs , they look so cool compared to my stupid stock ones! :bowdown:
I don't even have a dog on the cover , just on the power head - that's how Dolmar sells them here in Europe.

I plan to get a 28" bar for the rare occasion (don't care whether its going to be Dolmar or third party) , and I intend to contact Dolmar and ask for US style dogs (038 250 200-power head ; 038 250 210-cover).

What do those dogs cost @ Bailey's if You don't mind me asking?

Sorry , a little off topic ...

20 inch bar standard chain.JPG

Back