What's The Best OWB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could still get the rebate..call and raise hell
My dealer said it's the best promotion he's ever seen them run..
I almost bought mine last week...I'm glad i waited..I'm usually very impatient
I also found a guy that had a bunch of left over thermoplex pipe that he told me he would sell me for 5 bucks a foot
Since you just ordered it a couple weeks ago maybe they will still give you the rebate..worth a try..

Just got a call from my dealer. They weren't even aware of the $1000 rebate but called and checked for me any way. CB said that since the warranty papers hadnt been signed and the stove has only been ordered, that i could get the rebate. Talk about customer satisfaction!

Just got a call from my dealer. They weren't even aware of the $1000 rebate but called and checked for me any way. CB said that since the warranty papers hadnt been signed and the stove has only been ordered, that i could get the rebate. Talk about customer satisfaction!

That's Awesome...Good deal..
I'll take my commission Now..:hmm3grin2orange:

I know I am late to the thread but just wanted to say i just finished year 10 with my heatmor, love it, looked at a lot of them before i made my mind up as well. I liked the firebrick and ash auger to name a few deciding factors. have had no troubles at all, same pump, blower. new door hoses has been all i have done. gonna do a new door seal just because and an anode this year. We all have different things we like or dont. If you choose the central boiler im sure you will be happy. Hope you post pics of your install.

I have had my Heatmor since 2007. Ditto on your post. I have had no problems but wish I got the 200 vs the 100.

I have had my Heatmor since 2007. Ditto on your post. I have had no problems but wish I got the 200 vs the 100.

Is it true that you have to fill the bottom of the stove with sand on a Heatmor stove? (No bottom):msp_w00t:
If so How do you clean the ashes out?
Like i said in an earlier post,When i opened the door on a Heatmor, I could see the ground? Then someone was telling me that you have to put sand,or quarry waste in the bottom ? Maybe that's a good design,But not sure i like the idea.:msp_unsure:

Is it true that you have to fill the bottom of the stove with sand on a Heatmor stove? (No bottom):msp_w00t:
If so How do you clean the ashes out?
Like i said in an earlier post,When i opened the door on a Heatmor, I could see the ground? Then someone was telling me that you have to put sand,or quarry waste in the bottom ? Maybe that's a good design,But not sure i like the idea.:msp_unsure:
You use an uger to remove the ashes. I think it works grate ( no pun )

River Rocket: To connect your baseboard to your wood boiler you need to measure how much baseboard is in each room, The table that the link below goes to is for Slant Fin, but other brands may have different ratings. Average output is listed by BTU/linear ft., most brands are around 400-600 BTU/ft. @ 1 GPM @ 180 deg., goes down to 300-400 BTU/ft. @ 1 GPM @ 140 deg... Must keep in mind the temp. drift, if your fire goes down, water temps drop, then BTU output drops. Another reason to do a heat loss calc. on your house.

Base / Line 2000

River Rocket: To connect your baseboard to your wood boiler you need to measure how much baseboard is in each room, The table that the link below goes to is for Slant Fin, but other brands may have different ratings. Average output is listed by BTU/linear ft., most brands are around 400-600 BTU/ft. @ 1 GPM @ 180 deg., goes down to 300-400 BTU/ft. @ 1 GPM @ 140 deg... Must keep in mind the temp. drift, if your fire goes down, water temps drop, then BTU output drops. Another reason to do a heat loss calc. on your house.

Base / Line 2000

Thanks for the Great info....

Service and knowledge of the product

I think that most all of the products on the market today have gone through the trials of time, you are going about your search the right way by asking lots of questions here on the forum as these folks have been there, now it is up to you to ask these same questions of your local dealer, service after the sale and knowledge regarding install and operation are key, ask your local dealer to show you a unit that is set up and running so that you know what you are getting into. I do a lot of shows here in the northeast and there are very few of us who will run our boilers at the shows and explain how they operate, Buying a boiler without seeing one like it run would be like buying a car without a test drive!

I think that most all of the products on the market today have gone through the trials of time, you are going about your search the right way by asking lots of questions here on the forum as these folks have been there, now it is up to you to ask these same questions of your local dealer, service after the sale and knowledge regarding install and operation are key, ask your local dealer to show you a unit that is set up and running so that you know what you are getting into. I do a lot of shows here in the northeast and there are very few of us who will run our boilers at the shows and explain how they operate, Buying a boiler without seeing one like it run would be like buying a car without a test drive!

P&M should take some of your advice in regards to their Michigan dealer! If they did, I'd probably have one instead of what I got.

chaikwa, I assume the p&m dealers are independent dealers. They run their business the way they want to run it, likely most are part timers too so customer service can suffer. I bought a Walker brand mower years ago and it was a lot of money, I checked out every dealer in the area and ended up driving past lots of them and bought it from a place 1 1/2 hour drive away. I have a dealer that is only 20 minutes away but they had 1 mower on site and had no idea of how to fix it. The dealer I bought it from told me to go into the back shop and talk to their Walker service guy. The guy knew his stuff and I bought it on the spot. Only had to take it back there once for service (warranty) so the distance wasn't an issue anyway. Made a deal for free shipping of blades, belts etc.
I would not be afraid to drive to buy a owb from a better dealer. I'm pretty sure you got what it takes to fix anything on your owb.

Thanks Canto

You are exactly right, independant dealers, some are great others not so. We as a company do like to get feedback and encourage customers to voice their opinion to our office. we have removed dealers in the past, we do try to follow up on sales to be sure the customer is happy with not only the product line but also the service. We realize that no company will ever satisfy every customer but I think our effor has a very good record, please let us know if you have a problem with a product or service, how else can we improve?

Oops

OOPS I forgot to mention that yesterday we got word that one of America"s most liberal states,Massachusetts just approved our Enviro 500 wood chip boiler for sales in their state. Brian is looking to have a bit of a sale for Mass residents to thank the state for their common sense approach in certifying our unit ahead of the feds. THANK YOU MASSACHUSETTS. If you live in Mass and would like to purchase now is the time, contact Brian at the office as I still cannot sell them here in Maine. PM me for more info.
Richard@PM

WOW that's a wonder Ma. allowing this,I wonder how much it cost to get it approved? Some guns are approved if money was paid to get the approval,this state is just a money grab land of the free if you got money.Good to see P&M approved at any rate they make a first rate boiler very happy with my 250,keep up the good work.

Whitepine2

Got a good deal yesterday...A guy had 42/ft of TermoPlex piping left over from his OWB install and sold it to me for $250....Saved me $250
I didn't realize this stuff was so stiff..going to be interesting, trying to make the bend up to the stove..
or do you install an elbow or 90??

Got a good deal yesterday...A guy had 42/ft of TermoPlex piping left over from his OWB install and sold it to me for $250....Saved me $250
I didn't realize this stuff was so stiff..going to be interesting, trying to make the bend up to the stove..
or do you install an elbow or 90??

I bent mine. It wasn't easy but better than adding more joints that can leak and cause problems. The Thermo Pex is still $12 per foot? It was that price when I bought mine in 2007. Well worth the money. My SIL used some cheaper stuff and you can see where it is buried because the snow melts over the top of it. The Thermo Pex doesn't do that.

Just take your torch and heat the tubing, keep it several inches away and keep it moving where you want to bend
it need only to get warm so it will bend somewhat easy. You wont be able to make 90* bends but longer swooping
bends. Go easy until you get the feel of how warm to get the pipe try on some scrap first this also works well to
allow you to insert fittings very easy, this is good for black pipe as well just don't over do it with fire.

Whitepine2

Just take your torch and heat the tubing, keep it several inches away and keep it moving where you want to bend
it need only to get warm so it will bend somewhat easy. You wont be able to make 90* bends but longer swooping
bends. Go easy until you get the feel of how warm to get the pipe try on some scrap first this also works well to
allow you to insert fittings very easy, this is good for black pipe as well just don't over do it with fire.

Whitepine2

Thanks..didn't think about heating it ...I pick the pipe up yesterday when it was about 50/deg out and i couldn't even uncoil it...
Thought i would lay it out in the yard on a hot day and try.
The dealer I bought the stove from said that it would be easier to make the turn up to the stove if the ditch is about 3/ft deep?

You will need to take some of the insulation off of each end then all you will be playing with is the single pipes that will bend with heat very well. Like I said try out on scraps and or some black pipe don't take much be careful and keep torch moving don't hold in one place or one will be in trouble,good luck. I think what you said about laying on ground on hot day will help with larger coil as well.

Whitepine2

You will need to take some of the insulation off of each end then all you will be playing with is the single pipes that will bend with heat very well. Like I said try out on scraps and or some black pipe don't take much be careful and keep torch moving don't hold in one place or one will be in trouble,good luck. I think what you said about laying on ground on hot day will help with larger coil as well.

Whitepine2
Thanks Again for the Info...Much appreciated...

Latest posts

Back