“A deal of a lifetime” ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well like you said it will physically pull about any bar you want. IMO it's a little small for stump work but could fill the role occasionally if desired. I had a 460 for a while as my "big" saw. I ran a 20" setup with an eight pin rim and a 28" with a seven. It pulled both very well. From what I understand a 461 is a little bump in hp so a 32" would probably be livable. I'm not familiar with the oiler upgrade details but if it were mine and it was a simple upgrade I'd do it for any size bar. Too much oil is a far lesser issue than not enough.
Ok thank you on Oiler note I read something about someone was using one on a 18”-20” and had so much oil it was getting all over them and that’s with it all the way down he also said turned all the way up it would run out of oil after only burning 1/4 tank of fuel but that’s one guy somewhere on the Internet if I took that one post as absolute gospel wouldn’t that be like the guys that watch 2 min of a 45 min YouTube video and then they think they are an expert?

Arkansas is one of the few states with no shutdown orders. Your mayor may have taken the "State of Emergency" declaration as a license to do whatever he wanted, constitutional or not (Michigan, anyone?). I would be looking for a bulldog lawyer willing to take the case on a contingency fee basis. No win, no pay. I'm no lawyer, but if what you say is true, I can smell the money from here.

Arkansas is one of the few states with no shutdown orders. Your mayor may have taken the "State of Emergency" declaration as a license to do whatever he wanted, constitutional or not (Michigan, anyone?). I would be looking for a bulldog lawyer willing to take the case on a contingency fee basis. No win, no pay. I'm no lawyer, but if what you say is true, I can smell the money from here.

You are 100% right but what I think is scaring the lawyers away from taking the case like that is the mayor does have a slightly legitimate reason for his actions because Kabota does carry more product lines then Mark or John Deere. However you are also correct about Arkansas not having a shutdown order state wide. So I guess where Mark would have a case is is it constitutional for the mayor to do that on a citywide basis.

I read about a higher flow oil pump do I need it if I go to a 32” bar?

I did the HO Oiler and found it essential for a 32" bar. In stock config, with the oiler at max it was keeping up with a 24" B&C. With the upgrade, the oiler is set at 1/2 and oils the 24" fine.

Don't buy a HO Oiler. Just buy the 2 or 3 pieces, for a about $30, and takes 30 to 40 minutes to reconfigure the Stock Oiler, while taking your time.

You are 100% right but what I think is scaring the lawyers away from taking the case like that is the mayor does have a slightly legitimate reason for his actions because Kabota does carry more product lines then Mark or John Deere. However you are also correct about Arkansas not having a shutdown order state wide. So I guess where Mark would have a case is is it constitutional for the mayor to do that on a citywide basis.

In dealing with small town politics, it is best to beat'em at the ballot. Personally make it your goal to campaign the crap out of the incumbent, for his opponent. You'll get to know the opponent and get a good chance to make it clear what your goals are and the reasons why.

His business is essential to him to feed his family. The mayor selectively choosing which businesses to close or open is ridiculous and I’m sure the mayor knows it and would fold with any legal threat.

Can buy the whole oiler, or the parts, or just modify the parts in it. Last 461 I built and ported sold for $800. Owner, who falls timber was not happy about the oil output when running a 32" bar so I modified it. Owner believes the extra RPM's was the problem. 1128064704803, 11286470602 are the parts needed. Huskihl has a thread about modifying stihl pumps on the other forum. You'll have to search for, "Stihl 044 Oiler Mod".

Can buy the whole oiler, or the parts, or just modify the parts in it. Last 461 I built and ported sold for $800. Owner, who falls timber was not happy about the oil output when running a 32" bar so I modified it. Owner believes the extra RPM's was the problem. 1128064704803, 11286470602 are the parts needed. Huskihl has a thread about modifying stihl pumps on the other forum. You'll have to search for, "Stihl 044 Oiler Mod".
If you put "@" before the name it will alert him and he'll jump in. Kevin, aka @huskihl is a nice guy with fingers the size of his :heart: .

Latest posts

Back