021 tensioner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My 021 has the stock chain tensioner up by the muffler. Can this be changed over to the side-access tensioner assembly? Is it just an out with the old in with the new modification? Thanks. Branden

My 021 has the stock chain tensioner up by the muffler. Can this be changed over to the side-access tensioner assembly? Is it just an out with the old in with the new modification? Thanks. Branden

I don't know, but I believe it is possible - but who the heck cares about an 021........:pumpkin2: :pumpkin2:

Sorry, just had to say it...........;)

I am not positive about this, but I think that the 021 has the same chasis as the 023 and 025. Andy (Lakeside) will have to confirm or deny this. If that IS correct, you should be able to find those parts on ebay.

Look into the quick chain tensioner (the one that uses no tools). When they first came out, I remember my dealer having a half dozen of those on his shelf for retrofits. I was one of them. I think it cost me $30 bucks right on the money. You should still be able to find a kit. Might be able to find one cheap from dealers looking to get rid of extra stock, especially since most smaller saws already come with the quick adjuster on them.

I have had one for 11 years now, and it has worked just fine.

Here ya go, just found this on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-Quick-Saw...ryZ85915QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back