024AV Stihl - Not oiling and need help identifying port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_Shaft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello, working on a 024av for a friend. The oiler doesn't appear to be working and we are wondering if the oil reservoir is vented and/or air locked. We have had a good look at the oiler, seems good.

Can anybody tell me what this little alu port is? Is it a vent? We already checked and cleared the oiler port and brass tube.

Tks
69122fa7f555a2a6fbfb9aa05f16d585.jpg

Ok so we're not crazy. That's what we thought too. Does this clog and cause the oiler to stop working? Are there any known common causes for the oiling system to stop pumping?

I have some 026 pump spares kicking around, I think they fit the 024 as well

I've never had a problem with an oil tank vent. The intake screen can get clogged. Normally those oilers work well and pump plenty. If you have an 026 spare swap it out.

Have you pulled the clutch drum off and checked to see if the worm gear and spur are alright?

The oil pump contains a guide pin that makes the plunger reciprocate while it is rotating. That pin easily gets lost when cleaning the pump...

Latest posts

Back