026, 026 Pro and ms260 differences???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a thread that discusses this issue:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=64784&highlight=026+bore

Basically the 026 and the early MS260's had a 44mm bore and later models had a 44.7 mm bore.

The base model of the 026 or 260 has a fixed output oiler that seems to work just fine. The PRO model adds an adjustable oiler and a compression realease and most people on this site don't see the need for either.

The 026 vs. 260 is just really some changes to the design with locking fuel/oil caps, different shaped plastic. Several versions of carbs were used and the Walbro WT-194 and the WT-406 having both (H) and (L) screws for mixture adjustment - while the WT403 only has an (L) ajusment and a fixed jet for the high speed mixture.

I bought a used MS260 with a 16" bar and later bought an adjustable oiler to install - however I never put in on as it oils just fine with the stock oiler.

The "ONLY" difference between the Basic and Pro model is the adjustable oiler and the compression release....and the "PRO" sticker.

Most people don't ever need the adjustable oiler....and most don't need to use the compression release on this small saw....as they pull and start easily.

I have been running an 026 for at least 15 years, as long as you have a short bar it is fine. 16" is perfect, with longer bars the adj. oiler may be a benefit.

Latest posts

Back