026 pro chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth9669

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello again everyone.....luck has it someone gave me a perfectly good running 026 pro....i own a 036 pro and wanted to know what size chain the 026 uses. I tried to put the 3/8 full chisel 16'' chain from the 36 on the 26 and it was a no go.....not knowing everything i don't know what i need to get for this saw. it has the anti kickback chain and well....that just has to go...thanks for your help. Also if there is a site anyone knows i can order it from a hyper link would be great so i can go and order it. Thanx again and stay warm this winter

andrew

nose of the saw the links didnt fit in there.....it is a saftey chain but so was my 036 and when i got a new chain for that it worked no problems...i asume its the stock bar and chain with the saw......

nose of the saw the links didnt fit in there.....it is a saftey chain but so was my 036 and when i got a new chain for that it worked no problems...i asume its the stock bar and chain with the saw......

Sounds like it came with a .325 set up, so if you want to run 3/8 you need to get a new drive sprocket and bar. Otherwise, get a .325 chain for your existing set-up. Are the cutters and drive links significantly bigger on your old saw, compared to the chain on your 026?

Another possibility is that it might have a 3/8 low profile set up, some of the Stihl guys on here must know. I know little about Stihl, although I've run half a dozen of them.

Last edited:
The easy way to prove it to yourself:

Pop the circlip and washer off the end of the crankshaft, and remove the rim sprocket. Do the same on your 036, and put the 036 bar, chain and rim sprocket on the 026... It all fits. Then you'll be able to figure out what you need... probably all of it.

my 026 Pro uses from factory a .325 setup. I bet yours does also. I just bought an 034 that used 3/8, and went through the same deal when I went to put a 20 inch bar on the 034.

026/260 Pro with 16" bar is a beautiful, smooth-as-silk little saw for smaller firewood and light enough to hike around doing tsi. The factory setup is .325 and attempting to convert over to 3/8 seems like a bad idea to me. RS chain = full chisel is a terrific fit for this saw, cuts very fast, nice chain for hand filing on the tail gate. If your bar is 16 the chain would be 26 RS 67.

Back