026 vs. 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
was looking to get a replacement for the 026 and wanted your opinion on the 346xp. want something in the same class as a general all around saw What do you recomend.

Well, let's break this down point by point.
  • three is better than zero
  • four is better than two
  • six is the same as six.

So, as you can obviously see, the Husky is better on two out of three points. Your choice is clear!

the 026 is a tried and true workhorse parts are easily accessible it is a pro class saw that is easy to maintain and work on. the 346xp (new edition) is a 14,500 rpm speed demon that loves a steady diet of <18" wood it wakes right up and cuts as long as you spool her up. If i was looking for a great limbing saw I would grab the 346 if I was looking for a single saw the 026 would get the nod PSSSST I like torque and the 346 is all about horsepower lean on her a bit and she drops out of her rpm sweet spot if you need to throw a 20" bar on a saw stick to the 026 if 18 is ok and you don;t mind the whine of a 346 then you will get more done quicker that way. Ohhhh yea if you like cleaning air filters stick to the 026 if not the 346.

i have used an 026 at work. i remember it seeming very under powered when you got into things bigger than 10" but i think its because it was a very old saw and it died a month after i last used it. i liked the weight but it turned me off of small saws. i havent tried a 346xp but will the first chance i get.

i have not used the new edition 346 but I know my older 346 will outcut the 026

026 is a tough little saw, hard to hurt unless you dont realize that 2 stroke engines need oil in the gas.:popcorn:

I have had both the 026 started right up every time and never spent any time in the shop. It was a very dependable saw. I loved the size and weight but thought it lacked power. I bought the 346xp to replace it. I have only cut about 30 cords with it. I haven't had any trouble with it. Starts right up and goes. I use a 16inch bar on mine. I would buy a 346 over the 026 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. The price was better on the 346 also. It's a great size and weight. You just have to learn to feed i the wood the right way.

was looking to get a replacement for the 026 and wanted your opinion on the 346xp. want something in the same class as a general all around saw What do you recomend.

I'd skip both and get a PS5100.

agree stlfirewood they are a awesome saw unmatched cc for cc just let it cut dont push on it

Excuse my ignorance but what displacement are these 2 saws, (obviously the husky is 46cc aprox) but what the 026? And I have used a 346 and its a damn good saw.

Back