028 Case Gasket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So where are you getting the conflicting part numbers?
Do you have an old ipl that you assume is for one model or the other?
There were a lot of versions of this model, and the latest parts lookups only show the latest version. How are you confident that you have one version/model as opposed to any other?

I'm not. Lol. Stihl dealer told me that part # 1118 030 0401 is a newer part #. But he says that part # 1118 030 0403 is an older version of the same part. I'm asking because I found a brand new crank assembly with the older #.

Thank you, but I have one on the way.
Did you find just the case gasket available somewhere? Im tired of spending upwards of $30 for a complete kit to just use the case gasket when I do an 028. Im swimming in base and exhaust gaskets that I'll never use. If you did would you mind sharing where you got it?

Another member her sent me a gasket. I could not order either the gasket or the kit.
Ahh ok. Proline sells 028 kits on eBay but it's just too expensive anymore. Maybe I should take a case gasket down the road to cometic and see what they'd charge to make a few hundred of these gaskets. Help get these things available again

Back