028 Super in a Bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's a pretty crazy unit. That square thing over the air filter is the throttle, it moves side-to-side. You tune it in the cut. All the fuel lines are high-pressure with crimped fittings...

It's got the wackiest carburetor ever.

Yeah it's a pretty crazy unit. That square thing over the air filter is the throttle, it moves side-to-side. You tune it in the cut. All the fuel lines are high-pressure with crimped fittings...

It's got the wackiest carburetor ever.

Man that thing is cool!! Is it a runner?

It is. I got it from g-max and it still has the 'Drouin Engine Works' tag on it. It has monster compression and if you're not careful, it'll shred the tendons in your forearm.

It is. I got it from g-max and it still has the 'Drouin Engine Works' tag on it. It has monster compression and if you're not careful, it'll shred the tendons in your forearm.

Nice. I'd love to see your collection.

For some reason the hardest saw I have to start is my old Poulan 5200 and my old 044, those have ripped the handle outa my hand more times then I care to admit, my 195psi 395 is easier to start for some reason??? The Poulan is the real killer though. I handed it to my buddy that runs the tree service, said try this out, ha ha ha, he tried then handed it back to me.

looks kind like fun

what old mac you tearin into? i see it is in pieces:hmm3grin2orange:
sawz are addicting. me i like the older sawz:help:

Nice. I'd love to see your collection.

For some reason the hardest saw I have to start is my old Poulan 5200 and my old 044, those have ripped the handle outa my hand more times then I care to admit, my 195psi 395 is easier to start for some reason??? The Poulan is the real killer though. I handed it to my buddy that runs the tree service, said try this out, ha ha ha, he tried then handed it back to me.

Yeah those older Poulan 'Pro' models have real aggressive timing. They sure run good after you get them started but at times it's miserable getting there.

That's why all those old-timers have giant hands and arms.

Yeah those older Poulan 'Pro' models have real aggressive timing. They sure run good after you get them started but at times it's miserable getting there.

That's why all those old-timers have giant hands and arms.

Ya, I was wondering if it was the timing, most times I cannot drop start that saw!! I've even stood on it and gave it a pull and ripped it out from under my foot. Every time I pick it up I get gunshy. Once its warm its better, but ya she runs real good once you get it started.

The muffler bolt holes are stripped. So if I can't heli-coil or timesert them... I gotta find another Cylinder.

Gary

I might be able to help here, if you want it. I have one I tore down for parts, I'll go to the shop and look at it this morning. I don't remember compression reading but ran before I tore it down. Just cover shipping and its yours.

A little inspiration for ya.

attachment.php

your claw is on up side down bud. or did it just come that way?

yup thats what i call it. i think i know what its real name is. its a bucking spike or felling spike either or i spose

us more southern wanna be loggers are not up to date or compliant with the pro. terminology codes. i guess im gonna get wrote up on this one eh?:cry:

Latest posts

Back