028 Super in a Bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Well... here is how this was delivered to me... in 100 pieces... it actually was dropped off in a bucket. FREE!!! P&C are salvageable... gonna rering it...

attachment.php

attachment.php

What's that? You say you see another saw in the second pic... Well... slap my grandma... you're right! There's an 041 AV! FREE!!!

attachment.php

Been a good past couple of weeks for saws 'round here... :)

Actually... I have to come clean... the 041 is my Bro-in-law's saw. He "gave" it to me. He don't know that I'm gonna repair it and give it back to him. All the things this cat has done for me has been short of incredible. So I'm gonna pay him back by fixin' this thing up. Just gotta find the time. I prolly can't get it done before Chirstmas. That would be cool... but I'll just plug away at it.

The muffler bolt holes are stripped. So if I can't heli-coil or timesert them... I gotta find another Cylinder.

Gary

If you find you're missing your cell phone or PDA in the morning, it's on the box of gloves behind the 028S.:hmm3grin2orange:

Actually, I've got an 028S project saw at a dealer in Montrose waiting for me. I don't think it looks as good as yours, though.

Good stuff there. I like your 'new' bench.

It's a lot better than what I had at the old shop... But it's gonna get ripped out of there soon, and a whole new workbench is goin' in... A little taller, and more storage. Also there will be a spot where I can put my toolboxes right there nice and handy. :)

Gary

Last edited:
Nice! With the chain brake too! Cool!

Gary

Ya it was a diamond in the rough, got it in a lot of saws, cleaned up nice. Don't know how common the AV with chain brake is, but I've never seen another like it. She cuts real nice, just put a 20" on it today with a fresh loop of Stihl RSC.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATIxxkdXwdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ATIxxkdXwdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back