036 Pro won't hold vacuum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you do the piston?
piston was fine, cyl was mashed some from the battle with the backhoe...fins broke off. I swapped it out, gonna run it(if it holds pressure and vac :dizzy: first) then maybe put the busted fin one on my personal saw just to see what if anything a few missing fins will do.

piston was fine, cyl was mashed some from the battle with the backhoe...fins broke off. I swapped it out, gonna run it(if it holds pressure and vac :dizzy: first) then maybe put the busted fin one on my personal saw just to see what if anything a few missing fins will do.
Just run 100 octane in it and it should burn a lot cooler no joke got a temp gun?

My money is on the backhoe in that fight.

Nah, I just remember when he changed his name about7 or 8 years ago. It works, you get instant credibility, like Stihl Tech received. Simon had to be the hated new guy for a few months. Lakeside and Thall, well they earned it the old fashioned way.

Tim has been here long enough and helped out enough guys to have his opinion valued. Same for Tom and Andy, who both rarely contribute to the detriment of us all. mostly because some "new guys" challenged their "old school" tried and true methods of repairs. Nobody likes arguing, open discussions where even "non-posters" benefit is great for everyone as there are many different ways and tricks to skin the same old cat. Keep in mind even the Stihl manual is not Biblical in its information...many times some guy in a foreign land has come up with a tool or method that works for him and someone else too. The Stihl manual is meant for Stihl Techs using Stihl tooling. IMO.

AKDoug explained one method, early on.
I was asking Lone Wolf, because I don't think he has ever done a vacuum leakdown test. No worries guys, I like the thought of
hooking the saw up to the compressor, pop it up to 120 psi, and the seals come right out!!!!!! Of course, I always say that..........

I was asking Lone Wolf, because I don't think he has ever done a vacuum leakdown test. No worries guys, I like the thought of
hooking the saw up to the compressor, pop it up to 120 psi, and the seals come right out!!!!!! Of course, I always say that..........
:wtf::laughing: Says the guy who don't know how to pinpoint a vac leak and told us that vac leaks are rare.

Harley, I'm confused. You seem to know way too much history of this site for someone who joined a few days ago. Were you just a long time lurker or is this a new user name for you?

I have always thought that A.S. was a place to help people? Not intimidate another member...

"WAS" being the operative word.

back before trouble makers just felt more important to spew vitriol then help. seems a fight is more important then your name and you can change your name and resurface with the same **** attitude and old bag of tricks to start arguments.

anybody calling "brush ape" yet?

"WAS" being the operative word.

back before trouble makers just felt more important to spew vitriol then help. seems a fight is more important then your name and you can change your name and resurface with the same **** attitude and old bag of tricks to start arguments.

anybody calling "brush ape" yet?
Send
Harley to political to fight lots of it there.

Latest posts

Back