044 vs 044 magnum vs ms440 vs m441 vs 046 vs ms460 stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I just got the balls to call somebody by name when I call them out. But you were probably the guy in school who used to get snapped in the arse with a towel, so I understand. Youre Resume, youre holyness:bowdown: Expert, on a swing boom, in flat ground. Trees 12inches to 50. Ported 441, and its the best in the world, and I can cut more hardwood, and out log anybody, where the ground is flat. Rolled over once in a flat field. Worst day was when I got my boom stuck I was a chain short to get pulled out. Sam Hobby logger.

No, I just got the balls to call somebody by name when I call them out. But you were probably the guy in school who used to get snapped in the arse with a towel, so I understand. Youre Resume, youre holyness:bowdown: Expert, on a swing boom, in flat ground. Trees 12inches to 50. Ported 441, and its the best in the world, and I can cut more hardwood, and out log anybody, where the ground is flat. Rolled over once in a flat field. Worst day was when I got my boom stuck I was a chain short to get pulled out. Sam Hobby logger.

Kinda disturbing that you are wondering if I got snapped in the butt with a towel??

As to the rest of your drivel, your words, not mine or anyone elses, thank's.

Sam

Brad, I just saw your'e post. I know about you and the stock saw joke, we all good had that talk once rember. I dont take it to heart was refering to other's. Hell I consider you a friend too! I did not like to see evryone team up on Paul though, he is a friend too. I guess we all just need to be more open minded, and caring. This does happen once in awhile, and instead of us all being friend's we pee on each other. I guess some topics it's easier, but we all have to mature a little and learn, myself included.

Good shiat! Sam, just meaning alot of iternet, or telephone tough guy's were pushed around in school. Guess it went over your'e head. But ever since I missed talke'd about the 441 claim, doesn't matter where I am or what I say, you gotta side with somebody, and throw a knife. I can let it go if you can?

Norm, I started running them in about 74 or 75, I've ran my share of old Homies and Mac's that didn't have any anti-vive, mufflers not much more than a empty tin can, I in no way have cut close to what a PNW logger would have cut but have a firewood business on the side or full time like today for alot of years, many hours on the handle of a Homelite XL-925 super. It paid for a lot of car gas, women/beer chasing money and college books in the day. I just don't see that an ounce or two one way or the other matters in the real world irregardless of who it is. I have NOTHING against McClaren, I guess I'm missing something, just don't understand why it got to the point it did. It doesn't matter enough to me to empty out the saws and weigh them, it won't make one any easier or harder for a tired, worn out old man to run, dang bar oil and mix cost too much to waste. I will take either one 046/460 over that ole homey however, or my Dolmar 133. Thank goodness for plastics, the ole mag case saws had their day, but I prefer the saws of today.

I-spring's I was born in 73, so you got me LOL! What I was meaning is I try, and bite my tongue in other thread's, wondering some people's resume, and real experience. And was not saying you, but dont like thing's one sided against one guy like Maclaren. It was the same awhile back when guy's teamed up on Brad. I stayed a friend, and did not jump on a band wagon or sell him out. But all the chickens came at once. As for this topic started as a minor argument, and escalated, as you know they do, and me taking responsibilty for my part. We just disagree on weight, and should not be a big deal some thing's are just easy to argue I guess.

I have no earthly clue about the weight between the two saws, I always thought they were the same except for the flippy caps......but Im not a Stihl man so I really don't know.

The reason the older 046s had more power is mostly because of cylinder design and port timing. The older 046s had a smaller combustion chamber, which made a little more compression, and had a little bit more aggressive port timing.

I will say this, and some may disagree, but I think a bone stock ms 460 is a turd......and I've got one. Let the flaming begin.......

Waiting for you guy's to show up, and livin things up! Antbody tried the yuban Pacific coast blend? I love it, and thank god for cheesy action flicks on a sick day:msp_thumbsup::fart: 1981 eh good year!

I honestly cant believe this thread turned nasty, discrediting a mans work, calling keyboard warriors, iv'e done this and iv'e done that , somebody was illiterate and who has the nuts to name names, its crazy.

Bottom line Norm/Maclaren, modified mark got it wrong, it may have been his scales, it may have been wet who know's, but at the end of the day the Stihl MS460 does not weigh 15.10 pounds dry powerhead weight like his picture depicted, it was simply incorrect information and out by over half a pound, that's where the facts are regardless of how hard it is to swallow, i cant see a need for ridicule and slander on a public forum.

I thought it was interesting that the 460 has a compariable fuel tank size to a 660, while a 441 has the same oil capacity as a 660.

Stihl 441CM:
DISPLACEMENT
70.7 cc (4.3 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
4.2 kW (5.6 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
6.6 kg (14.6 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY
725 cc (24.5 oz.)

CHAIN OIL CAPACITY
360 cc (12.2 oz.)

Stihl 460 (Rescue):
DISPLACEMENT
76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
4.5 kW (6.0 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
Flush-Cut 6.6 kg (14.6 lbs.)
Wrap-Handle 6.9 kg (15.2 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY
800 cc (27.1 oz.)

CHAIN OIL CAPACITY
325 cc (11.0 oz.)

Stihl 660:
DISPLACEMENT
91.6 cc (5.6 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
5.2 kW (7.0 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
Flush-Cut (Shown): 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs.)
Wrap-Handle: 7.6 kg (16.8 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY
825 cc (27.9 oz.)

CHAIN OIL CAPACITY
360 cc (12.2 oz.)

Sam

Mattcrowe, where did I slander? I said earlier model 046 mags where lighter, and faster and they were. Did you ever see me put one on a scale? So any of the saw sale sight's even Stihl could be liable for slander, because I have seen so much misinformation on weight's, cc's HP you name it. LOL! The earlier magnums where lighter and faster thats what I said about the 046. What is youre cutting background?

I honestly cant believe this thread turned nasty, discrediting a mans work, calling keyboard warriors, iv'e done this and iv'e done that , somebody was illiterate and who has the nuts to name names, its crazy.

Bottom line Norm/Maclaren, modified mark got it wrong, it may have been his scales, it may have been wet who know's, but at the end of the day the Stihl MS460 does not weigh 15.10 pounds dry powerhead weight like his picture depicted, it was simply incorrect information and out by over half a pound, that's where the facts are regardless of how hard it is to swallow, i cant see a need for ridicule and slander on a public forum.

Why would Mark lie or post an inaccurate weight of the 460? You obviously don't know much about Mark. The 460 weighs more, get over it move on it's a saw for god's sake.

Back