046 Chain brake pin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an alignment pin in that hole, so yes, you have a case gasket failure.

The workshop manual only shows 1 case pin to be punched out, and that by the oil tank.

Does the one in question, right by the case screw closest to the impulse nipple, have to be driven out, too?

And does anyone have a link to a decent Stihl-style case splitter? For the life of me I can't get this thing apart with any of the various pullers I have here!

All pins 2? should be punched out, yep.

The husky style splitter works for 034-660 with maybe slight modifications for the bigger saws. Huztl has a knockoff version, haven't tried it yet.

$80 for that just seems excessive to me. But maybe that's just incentive for me to practice welding. :-/

I did eventually get it apart by borrowing another puller from a friend. Should I be concerned about powder coat inside the case peeling? I should probably peel that back, huh?

IMG_8455.JPG IMG_8448.JPG IMG_8449.JPG

Yeah, you'll want to clean up any loose paint there.
Huztl had them on sale a while ago.. I was tempted. My husky splitter was Weedeaterman's last one from the 2013 purchase. It had some damage so he sold it to me for $40 shipped. That was the best saw-related deal I've ever had--- paid for itself in one use.

Latest posts

Back