046BB aftermarket P&C kit FAILED!! Don't buy them.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed Bailey's BB kit in a 372 Friday.
Kit quality was good...I was impressed.
I take quite a few precautions with any kit...OEM or cheap import.

I always use a small tapered cratex (rubber stone) on the dremel for the ports..
I even cratex the ring edges...especially the ends. You don't want to radius the corners of the rings at all...you want to alleviate any grinding burrs.

I assemble the plug & jug keeping the piston as far down as possible. I torque the jug down 'cause I'm going to check my squish. I don't have the intake boot on at this time because I'm going to disassemble anyway to apply gasket maker or base gasket...whichever is needed.
I turn the flywheel with my finger tips ever so slowly the first time up the jug...feeling for anything out of the norm while looking in the ports to see where the rings are in case I do feel something...I'll have a start on where to look. If I get so much as a "feeling" the piston's not traveling up the bore correctly...well..you know what I do. Start over. Heck, I'm so stupid I may have installed a ring upside down...this will tell me.

I would hope everyone does it this way...but I've witnessed guys slap it together...stick their solder in the hole...and commence to yank the heck outta' the rope. The very first thing you want to do is take the starter off the saw...but y'all knew that...

Call me anal...but if I go to a supplier and tell him his kit was junk...I rest assured I've done everything in my power to insure my success as well as his.

Last edited:
Back