056 magnum project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that be the one on mine originally, but the one that bailey sent me i believe was prob. an 045, nice try though.

Got one question, Lakeside i cannot seem to find a mag2 muffler, and so i was wondering if i could modify a muffler just like this one to work.
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50631&d=1178384966
Since it already vents out the top/side i thought that maybe i could cut a square in the center piece and make a plate that would aim the flow down just as the mag2 style. Or even just a straight through hole even. What's your thoughts on this idea????

I'd just get the correct middle section and cover... Even available new from Stihl.

if not - you'll not have a spark arrester etc.

Could you give me the PN's to the pieces that are available?And i'm assuming that they discontinued the side that bolts onto the cylinder itself right??

Protecting (outer) shell - 1115 145 0900
Outlet (inner) shell - 1115 140 0800

Check my old thread on 056's. There are a few incompatabilites.

OK well, i finally got the bearings in, put together, all covers, NO FIRE!!!!!I guess the module burnt out on it sometime during the installation, or the thing was bad from the get go, i just might have "imagined" it producing fire earlier. So now for the final piece i need a SEM ignition for it.Any ideas, besides curt's, cheapstihlparts, b/c i've e-mailed both, waiting on curt and i think bryce is on vac. right lakeside?....N E ways all directions to find one is appreciated.

The Bosch ignition on my 056 died and all I could get was a new SEM from Stihl which is one way around the problem (expensive though). You could try a PM to Dan Forsh who kindly offered to send me a TS350 flywheel (same ignition as 056) for the cost of the postage but this doesn't fit the saw.It seems he has a whole pile of TS350 stuff (UK though). As regards my 056 flywheel I bought one off DozerDan in Oregon which should be on it's way over here shortly. Then I'll find out if I need a new starter! Best of luck with your rebuild it seems to be a fair task.

Latest posts

Back