064 Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mailed my money order Friday regular mail. He had it Tuesday I think. I did not go with the more expensive shipping. Guess I got lucky huh.

Good deal.:clap: I p!ssed around and didn't send my money out till monday. He got it Wednesday I believe....waiting for it to get shipped now...I got a lot on my plate anyways...

The difference being there is that the 1122 400 1203 flywheel has two keyways, and the 1122 400 1204 flywheel is the flywheel that has one keyway for the CDIC module. The 1203 flywheel will work with CDIC or Universal modules.

What's different between the 1203 flywheel and the 1214 flywheel off of a 066? Same crankshaft. Is the 066 flywheel heavier?

I got a chance to make a few cuts today with a 24" bar buried. This thing is impressive, even in stock form. It flat hauls! It's going to have to be mighty strong with the 066 P&C to out perform this thing. I'm hoping to get a good sized test log to run it in before making the swap.

I got a chance to make a few cuts today with a 24" bar buried. This thing is impressive, even in stock form. It flat hauls! It's going to have to be mighty strong with the 066 P&C to out perform this thing. I'm hoping to get a good sized test log to run it in before making the swap.
I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

I ran mine today as well. It's an impressive saw, even in stock form. I was cutting 22" maple with a 22" bar and I couldn't bog it down at all. I suspect I have mine running a little rich (turning about 12,500 rpm out of the cut), but it still runs like a wild-man. My 066 BB P&C should be here any day, although I'm still a little apprehensive about making the switch... I guess I can always switch it back to stock if I ever wanted to. I thought about refinishing the saw when I do the BB kit, but I kind of like it looking ratty since it's still used on a regular basis.

BTW, I have the HD filter on mine. It breaths better and doesn't clog up nearly as quickly.

I'll paint the recoil housing and put a new metal Stihl plate on it next week. I'll also add an Elastostart handle. I'll probably repaint the air filter cover too.

Are the metal Stihl plates still available? Mine is completely shot, but I've only seen the decals at the dealer. I'd really like to replace this if I can find a metal replacement.

I have mine tuned right up agains the rev limiter at 13K. It's still running rich there but can't tell to go any leaner with the ignition limiter kicking in. I bought a -1203 flywheel today and already have the coil, so the limited ignition will be coming off soon.

I don't think mine has a limiter on it, I've seen over 15k while adjusting the carb. I leave this saw rich because I often work it fairly hard noodling.

Looking at your SN, it looks like mine is a little older. In all fairness, I've never really taken mine apart to see what coil/FW is on it. I've never even looked at the carb, but since I'd like to rebuild it I guess that's something I'll be looking into soon.

I'm still waiting for my 064 to come in too. It has low compression, so I will either rebuild it back to original or do a bb too.

Can't wait to see the results.

Back