$1,300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 576 XP, with a 20 and 28" bar. Hold the Auto Tune please. That can be had for well under $1300.00, I think?

While I'm spending the OP's $$$$ . Get a 390 XP for around 1k ( it lists for 1069 but you should be able to get a break ), box it up and send it to your favorite saw porting person . Even with shipping , you'll be within $ 25 . Trust me , a modded 390 Xp will make you smile !

Only $875, PHO, if you buy right. Add $300 for mods and unlimited coil, about $150 for a light weight bar, and you're real close to your budget.

If you had that amount of money to spend on a chainsaw/bar/chain combo what would it be? The money would be for ONE saw brand new, not used.

Interested in hearing what you boys think.

You wouldn't even get a 346xp or 550xp here for that amount - no room to "play".....:givebeer:

Only $875, PHO, if you buy right. Add $300 for mods and unlimited coil, about $150 for a light weight bar, and you're real close to your budget.

I would be very selective about the candidates for modding it though, and likely prefere my brother to do it! :givebeer:

441 cm-r and a lot of beer to celebrate the new purchase with:givebeer:

441 cm-r and then send it to be ported.

441C MTronic Wrap model ported :)

Why buy just one saw....get a ms441 and then get a top handle saw...get it juiced with carbide loops.

I'm with you guys. Ported 441C and whatever you have left in Beer. Out of the 441C, ported 372xpw, and mm'd 7900 that I have, I like the 441C the best. It's just a great saw.

You mean you would'nt let me port your saw for you Niko? :msp_razz:

I wouldn't want any of the higher profiled "saw builders" on here to do it, but a few that is keeping a lower profile would be candidates....

.....and surely Dennis Cahoon! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I wouldn't want any of the higher profiled "saw builders" on here to do it, but a few that is keeping a lower profile would be candidates....

.....and surely Dennis Cahoon! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm one of the low profile builders. Thing is, it'll be my first build. Send it on over ole bud. :laugh:

I have often wondered if you ran ported saws or preferred stock saws for your use? the opportunity has just never presented itself to ask you though. :cheers:

seeing as all the money has to be spent at the dealer and you said that a small bar would do i would get the 441c-m

and 20" bar and a 28" lite for some bigger stuff later down the track , but if you don't mind the extra weight and it's

one of your favorite saws get a 390xp and the same bar setup

cheers D

Last edited:
I have often wondered if you ran ported saws or preferred stock saws for your use? the opportunity has just never presented itself to ask you though. :cheers:

My saws are mostly stock, my brothers saws are very far from stock.

Last edited:
Back