$1,300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one of the low profile builders. Thing is, it'll be my first build. Send it on over ole bud. :laugh:

Ummm I remember a pic of you trying to get into one of them there foreign( ford) wagons...you might not be so "low profile" to that car....hehe...

See how well my Napoleonic complex therapy is going !!!!

Oh and back to the OP...I'd figure out if you need any Safety Gear and work backwards from there. Chaps, hard hats, ect ...then chains, files ect...then the saw.

Last edited:
Get a MS460R, The bars you need and chain for each. With what is left get you some safty gear. You will have the saw for years if you take care of it properly. Each time you use it you can thank the gift giver for giving you the best saw ever built. They have every thing a production saw needs with the exception of a dual port muffler which you can get at the dealer. You will for ever be thankful that you purchased the 460R, they are tried and proven to last.
Safe cutting and a Happy New Year

Well as much as I would love to have a 660, thats just to big a hunk of plastic that I don't need.

I would Go with a 460 and have one of the AS locals port it, 28" and a 16" and I would throw the extra money in for a pretty orange or black and orange bar.

Believe I would get a Wild Thing, send it off to Mastermind to massage it after he quit laughing. Save the rest for beer and chips.

Well as much as I would love to have a 660, thats just to big a hunk of plastic that I don't need.

I would Go with a 460 and have one of the AS locals port it, 28" and a 16" and I would throw the extra money in for a pretty orange or black and orange bar.

Need vs WANT
You have to WANT the 660, page 3 of this thread.

660 with 32" bar, I hear the 661 is coming out but I don't know that it would be an improvement.
I don't think the 660 was an improvement over the 066. ;) Both great saws.

I'd take the MS290 TK sent me in a box, rebuild it and gut the muffler.

Buy a log load, a 100" roll of chain and 200$ worth of beer, BBQ, and lap dances.

Where can you buy a pick up that'll pass inspection for under 1300$? i'll take a couple of them.

Cities with few parking spaces and strict street cleaning and ticketing regiments. NYC comes to mind. People occasionally dump vehicles just to save themselves the hassle of moving it around. It ain't the prettiest rig, but my 1989 Dodge w250 (diesel) 150k mi was very little over $1300, and passed inspection with no problem.

Where can you buy a pick up that'll pass inspection for under 1300$? i'll take a couple of them.

My Ranger was $1250 and I bought it with 87,000 miles on it. It's been the most reliable truck I've ever had, to be honest. Never had a mechanical problem so far.

320190_10150338549534178_1578833259_n.jpg

Well thanks for the replies so far. Seems the 441 and 661 are favorites. Curious, what are the differences between the 660 and the 661?

Santa was extra nice to me and left me a gift certificate to the local power tool dealer which also happens to be a top level Stihl dealer. So the money has to be spent :D. Just wanna do it wisely.

I have heard that some Stihls are nice saws.

Santa was extra nice to me and left me a gift certificate to the local power tool dealer which also happens to be a top level Stihl dealer.

If he only deals in Stihls then no point telling you to buy a Husky 390XP. I'd go the 441CM as mentioned by about 20 others :cheers: If you only cut 12" wood then buy two MS250's.

An 066 in Australia is just under $2000.:(

RRP is a shocker. Luckily you can do a fair bet better than that if you shop around.

On second thought I would probably give it to my wife, she would buy me something with part of it anyway.:laugh:

Back