'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo is really making some solid models that are priced right. That 490 looks to be a great value. The 590 we already know is. 620 proved it's worth to me today. They just reduced the price on the 355T. 400 is $299 in value pack form. I would say echo is looking to gain market share and doing it with affordable well built units.
So the 355 is $300 now? How much for a 271? I don't need a top handle but I want one lol. I also want to try a 490.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Oh yeah echo will make a showing for top handle saw for sure it's not in the durability but the performance and balance of the top handles is great I won't trade my 360t for any 201 and husky is a performer but the balance sucks

I didnt watch the video till just now. Sound doesnt match and I didnt do such a good job at getting the log in the center of the video. Log rolling around. Guess thats why i am a grease monkey instead of a filmmaker.

It is smooth but idk if its any better A/V than the 6100.

Dolmar looked smoother cut quicker and sounded like it had more RPM in cut

Well 4 tanks thru the 620 today. Short version is that it will be hanging around and left bone stock so I can use it as a demo saw.

Overall very smooth and even though it is quite a bit heavier than the 6100 it is less tiring to use.

I have a video of it and the ported 6100 that I will upload to YouTube tomorrow and post here. Don't get any ideas...felt like the 6100 was faster but no way to really even make a comparison. 6100 had a1lm chain that I sharpened and set the drags at .050. Echo has out of the box vanguard. Don't laugh...I have tons of this stuff since every saw comes with it and nobody wants it. Both saws had been used quite a bit so chain on both were starting to get dull
I hates me some vanguard, it keeps showing up on used saws I get.
Have you found a good way to do the rakers after its 1st sharpening?

I hate vanguard as well but I freehand the depth gauges or I bet with a dremel and a slicer wheel, you could cut the "L" off them.
I got a brand new one in a box, and a couple used one's, I have though about
Cutting the L off , just didn't know if any one has tried

Is that the new cheep Oregon chain. If so I cut off the rolled over rakers and put chain on my sharpener backwards and got rid of anti kick back. It cuts real good now. The folded over rakers sure create a lot of drag in a cut. My chain now runs fast cuts fast and I like it. I'd buy Carlton full chisle as a replacement for my echo now cause I have had great luck with Carlton full chiz
I got a brand new one in a box, and a couple used one's, I have though about
Cutting the L off , just didn't know if any one has tried

well the vanguard is not new it has been out for at least 5 yrs. i tried carlton chain but the inconsistency made me go to a different brand.
i had trouble with the rakers not being exact and the chain would chatter like crazy.

I haven't had that problem I can't remember what chain I have been getting but I get a lot of lifeatures out of it and holds a sharp for a while I have my chains made up at gerlachs and Rosemount saw n tool
well the vanguard is not new it has been out for at least 5 yrs. i tried carlton chain but the inconsistency made me go to a different brand.
i had trouble with the rakers not being exact and the chain would chatter like crazy.

Guess IL use Oregon but I use that for brush clearing and buckthorn and only sharpen them a few time before they get tossed out

I have been selling 3/8 full chisel Carlton for a while
I have not had any like that yet......

I have been selling 3/8 full chisel Carlton for a while
I have not had any like that yet......
only thing I wish carlton had was lo pro 3/8 chain for top handle saw and small displacement saws a micro replica of the full chiz that they already produce. I personally think it's the best bang for the buck very little chain stretch and they don't need a come plating to keep and hold a edge

If i get any saw with vanguard chain i throw the chain in the junk metal bin and put a nice 23RS stihl or oregon 72LGX on there
im not wasting my time with that ridiculous chain.
That's my problem I hate to waste time on safety chain.....
Last winter I debumped some chains it works good but it wasted alot of time

Latest posts

Back