'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well 4 tanks thru the 620 today. Short version is that it will be hanging around and left bone stock so I can use it as a demo saw.

Overall very smooth and even though it is quite a bit heavier than the 6100 it is less tiring to use.

I have a video of it and the ported 6100 that I will upload to YouTube tomorrow and post here. Don't get any ideas...felt like the 6100 was faster but no way to really even make a comparison. 6100 had a1lm chain that I sharpened and set the drags at .050. Echo has out of the box vanguard. Don't laugh...I have tons of this stuff since every saw comes with it and nobody wants it. Both saws had been used quite a bit so chain on both were starting to get dull

More comfortable to use...maybe. balanced better? Can't really explain it. I am usually whipped after 3 or 4 tanks thru the 6100. 4 tanks thru the 620 and I was just getting started. 620pw is heavier than a 6100 but yet in use it doesn't feel heavy at all. I didn't do extreme amount of limbing today(cutting standing dead ash, hickory, and a few quakin aspen) but had to clear the under growth on new skid trail which was couple hundred yards long

Took my 590 to Kentucky yesterday.... did cant races with
The 24" bar and one of Alan's very aggressive race chains
If I hadn't messed up and pushed my last cut I would have won my first race
..... no it wouldn't win the class that is a very tough 4 cube class......
But it would have been cool to win a race.......
Put a different chain on and put it threw 36" of hard oak
Not bad for 59 cc. AWOL's port job helps it ALOT
And it oils the 24" bar well

Btw...of topic but Friday I got my fall order in and handled the 490 for the first time. It's a 500p for $350. Seriously worth a look if your in the market for 50cc saw.

I had a 500p and wish not I hadn't sold it, or gave it away in this instance to a boy scout camp. Anyway, the 500P was $450 or so if I remember correctly and reminded me of the solid old 028, lower rpms and lot's of torque. Air filtration was great as well.

Seems like Echo is waking up and getting serious with some of their models :)

Echo is really making some solid models that are priced right. That 490 looks to be a great value. The 590 we already know is. 620 proved it's worth to me today. They just reduced the price on the 355T. 400 is $299 in value pack form. I would say echo is looking to gain market share and doing it with affordable well built units.

Back to the 620. I think that a narrower bodied saw makes me feel as though it is less bulk. The 6100 is a bit wider because of the Easy Start (which works very well) but just feels larger than it actually is. Add in a wrap and you would feel like you are toting a Stihl 441 around all day. My 6100 is a great saw but is on the borderline of a 70cc saw to me in how it feels, and that is without a wrap handle.
The torque is great on the 6100 and if a stock 620 can match that with better energy left by the end of the day what's not to like?

Totally agree on Echo's effort to give a great value to their saw line up. In the past they had too many models priced too closely to each other. Get the game on with more of a Pro Line Up and watch their sales increase. Mag cases are the foundation to their objectives. Price is equally important, and they are spot on with their new models with both.

Back