170 yr old oak need to cut slabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mop9898

Reaction score
Would anyone be able to help me out with finding out how I would find someone to cut a very large oak tree trun into 4" to 5" slabs? I have to cut down this great tree to build a house but would like to harvest the trunk in slabe to make tables. it is 50" at its narrowest and 62" at it thickest at the trunk.

Would anyone be able to help me out with finding out how I would find someone to cut a very large oak tree trun into 4" to 5" slabs? I have to cut down this great tree to build a house but would like to harvest the trunk in slabe to make tables. it is 50" at its narrowest and 62" at it thickest at the trunk.

There should be people with CSM's (chain saw mills) in your area that would jump at that one.

Good luck...pics????

Kevin

You would want to find someone with a long bar chainsaw and a LOT of spare chains! I went though about 6 chains with the last large oak I cut, or so it seems :( Everybody and their brother in history tacked signs or fences to this oak, so plenty of staples and nails in there to dull my chains.

You could try calling various tree services.

Or maybe ask at a local Stihl or chainsaw dealer if they know someone with a long bar chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back