18" ToughChest chainsaw case - clearence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdcarter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I posted this to another website, but since ya'll were so nice in answering my other questions, thought I might give ya a head's up.

18" ToughChest chainsaw case - $15.87 YMMV @ Home Depot
Just stumbled across this. Normal price is $37.97.
The Echo chainsaw box for chainsaws up to 18" is being cleared out at Home Depot. I found out when purchased it and it rang up for half the displayed price.

Supposedly this is for ECHO chainsaws, but I found my smaller Husky fit just fine, with a slight enhanced dent in the top.

Having the box (chest) is nice. Got spots for the scrench, the files, drop in a spare bottle of oil or two, spare chain and some wedges. I also set my gloves and ear muffs in there. Then when it comes time to chew through a tree, I don't have to hunt for everything, just grab the box (or two) and head to the field. Open it up and it even makes for a nice work surface when you have to refuel, sharpen or change a chain.

Model # 99988801208

Internet # 202640784

Store SKU # 923158

18 in. Chain Saw Case-99988801208 at The Home Depot

View attachment 206443

You can go on the web-site and see if your local HD's have them and what their price is. Mine showed full price till I put it in the cart for in-store pick-up, then it dropped the price.

Have a good one,
T

The echo box is the same thing as the husqvarna powerbox.

It will fit up to and including a 575 and 576, though it is very snug. It seems like it was designed to fit the 372 as an upper bound.

The 7900 will not fit.

The PowerBox will only fit a 372XP with the stock small felling dogs. The large WC option dogs will not come close to clearing.

With a fair amount of modification I fit a 288XP with large dogs in one. :dizzy:

i will admit that my huskies are in echo boxes,,, so was my stihls,, i have had teh same boxes for the last couple of years,, they work so why buy new boxes every time i get a new saw,,, plus the main reason is some azz will see its an echo box and figured it won't be worth stealing:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

The echo box is the same thing as the husqvarna powerbox.

Being the new guy here I don't want to step on toes, but in this case... I do own both and they are not the same. Same basic design, but not the same sizes. Several inches smaller in all dimensions.

This is the smaller ToughChest, appearently they make two sizes. One for 18" and under saws, one for 24" and under.

In this box, my Husky 435 (and I hear a 445) will fit in the box. The 455 will not.
In the other orange box, I can easily fit a 455 and lots of spare gear and my safety stuff.

One thing I did notice is that the sides are more solidly attached on the PowerBox -vs- the ToughChest. When the box is closed and in transport you won't notice it.

My saws would laugh at each other if they got put in a case!!! There only case is the back of the truck, but there is usually enough stuff back there that they can't move anyway.

My saws would laugh at each other if they got put in a case!!! There only case is the back of the truck, but there is usually enough stuff back there that they can't move anyway.

I only have 2 saws that will fit in them now. For a while I had to put my saws in them and stack them up for storage in my garage for storage. They get pretty unstable anymore then 3 high. They slip off each other really easy. I've since built shelves.

I only have 2 saws that will fit in them now. For a while I had to put my saws in them and stack them up for storage in my garage for storage. They get pretty unstable anymore then 3 high. They slip off each other really easy. I've since built shelves.

I've given up on shelves and resorted to hanging them from the ceiling with hooks!!

I called around to three Home Depots. My local one said they wouldn't sell me any, that they were just for sale if you bought a saw. Had three set aside about 50 miles away. My wife has an eye doctor appointment tomorrow so she can pick them up when she goes. Another Home Depot headed toward the coast had one that my daughter picked up this evening. Their manager said they were going to get some more in. If they will honor the price might be worthwhile to grab a couple more to put my little Shindaiwa's in.

I called around to three Home Depots. My local one said they wouldn't sell me any, that they were just for sale if you bought a saw. .

Ahhh.. now that would just tick me off. They used to give you one if you bought a saw, but for the last year now they are for sale to anyone. Your store needs to get up to speed, but it seems a lot of them did not get the memo cause many store have them tucked away and not easy to find.

If I was you... just to have fun and prove that the customer is always right...

Go online to homedepot.com and look up the item (or just follow the link in the original post). Then click on the "pick up in local store" link just under the "add to cart" button on the right side of the page. Another window will pop with some of your local Home Depot's and showing their stock level. Find the one that wouldn't sell to you. Add a few and then proceed through the check out online.

Print off the page and email showing the order and head on over to pick them up!

Thanks tdcarter. I picked one up from the Gaithersburg Maryland HD for $15.97 for my Echo CST-610EVL. I don't want the paint chipping when its bouncing around in the back of my truck the few times I take it somewhere to show it off. Sure hope it fits.

When you order them on line, first look at the # available at the store, then call the store and select the garden department. When they finally pickup, ask the clerk to check to see if they have the quantity that you want. I ordered from 3 stores based on they inventory on line and found out that they did not have any is stock. Finally I was able to locate two after I talked to the guy in the aisle.

Thanks, T ! Just got mine.
Online said they had 3. The clerk said they had none. I told them to check the computer. It gave them a number which told them where they were. They were high on the rack above the saw display. They are flat/unassembled. There were 4 in the box and there was a sale sign for $30.
I took one and went to the self-scan checkout. Sure enough...$15.87

Edit: It is small. I just put mine together (at work) and I'm not sure my 024 will fit. No biggie. For $16, if it doesn't fit then I'll give it to someone that can use it.

Edit: Nope. The 024 doesn't fit. It would if I took the dawg off.
Inside dimensions: 16"w. x 10"h. x 9 1/2"d. +/-

Last edited:
Thanks, T ! Just got mine.
Online said they had 3. The clerk said they had none. I told them to check the computer. It gave them a number which told them where they were. They were high on the rack above the saw display. They are flat/unassembled. There were 4 in the box and there was a sale sign for $30.
I took one and went to the self-scan checkout. Sure enough...$15.87

Edit: It is small. I just put mine together (at work) and I'm not sure my 024 will fit. No biggie. For $16, if it doesn't fit then I'll give it to someone that can use it.

The Northern inside dim. = 18.5 x 9.5 x 11

It is small. I just put mine together (at work) and I'm not sure my 024 will fit. No biggie. For $16, if it doesn't fit then I'll give it to someone that can use it.

Man you're not kidd'in. It is small. I gave one of the girls at work a CS-370. I think I'll give the box to her. I don't think anything else will fit inside.

Man you're not kidd'in. It is small. I gave one of the girls at work a CS-370. I think I'll give the box to her. I don't think anything else will fit inside.
My 200T fit ! Well, it was a "bit" loose. LOL
I just gave mine to a friend that has an 023. It fits perfectly (but the 18" bar cover is about 4" too long). :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back