18" ToughChest chainsaw case - clearence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo 18in case

TD, Thanks for the heads up on this case. Thought I would give it a shot for my MS261. It was about 2in too short, BUT, last yr I got my son-in-law a Dolmar420 for Christmas & it fit perfectly! Here is a bonus; it is MADE IN USA!!!

Just got the last one at my local HD put it together and tried my 028 super in it. Would fit without the dawgs but the chain rake handle was to high. OH well keep it around for the next saw.

The PowerBox will only fit a 372XP with the stock small felling dogs. The large WC option dogs will not come close to clearing.

With a fair amount of modification I fit a 288XP with large dogs in one. :dizzy:

Dude, just got myself a 288 HiTop, what mods were needed if you remember to the PowerBox to get yours in?

Cheers, Adam

Dude, just got myself a 288 HiTop, what mods were needed if you remember to the PowerBox to get yours in?

Cheers, Adam

I just started cutting till it fit. Mostly cutting room for the dogs and then a bit for the front handle and I would always have to trip the brake before the brake handle would clear the box.

I just started cutting till it fit. Mostly cutting room for the dogs and then a bit for the front handle and I would always have to trip the brake before the brake handle would clear the box.

Traditional bespoke customisation method seems to be the way to go then. Will look at fitting it to my PowerBox once it's up and running.

Cheers for replying.

Adam.

Back