18" ToughChest chainsaw case - clearence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks TD. I stopped and snagged one on my way to work today. had a heck of a time finding the last one, didn't expect them to be flat in
a box. $15.97 was on the shelf. $17.25 out the door. Should work nice with my MS 180. Way to stimulate the economy!:clap:

I was able to pick up some of these boxes from Home Depot. My Shindaiwa 345s, 360, and 377
fit well in these with no room to flop around. The 416 fit as well but I had to partially cock the
chain brake to get the lid down. All in all these fit my needs well and at a good price.
The stacking ability makes it nice, as it cuts down on the space needed to store the treasures.
Also room inside to store some tools...scrench, ie. and a small container of fuel and bar oil.

I always pad the bottom with an oil absorbent pad to soak up any leaks.

I made some stick on labels so I could ID contents without having to open the box.

The disadvantage to these boxes is they are smaller than the Husqvarna power boxes. Also with the Husqvarna box you can get different lengths of scabbards. The Husqvarna box also has a velcro strap on the bottom to hold a saw in place.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought some of these Jonsered bags from Bailys for $19.95. They same to be as well made as the more expensive ones. I put a Mac 250 in one this morning, but that was a tight fit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks tdcarter. I picked one up from the Gaithersburg Maryland HD for $15.97 for my Echo CST-610EVL. I don't want the paint chipping when its bouncing around in the back of my truck the few times I take it somewhere to show it off. Sure hope it fits.

Man you're not kidd'in. It is small. I gave one of the girls at work a CS-370. I think I'll give the box to her. I don't think anything else will fit inside.

When did you get an Echo twin Randy? Will an XL-12 series Homelite fit in one of these smaller Echo boxes?

When did you get an Echo twin Randy? Will an XL-12 series Homelite fit in one of these smaller Echo boxes?

Three months ago from a guy in Florida named Bob Van Bomel. It is perfect. My XL Automatic is too wide for the Echo box. I may try one of my 360's in it. I'm not a big fan of using a case. I have to admit though if I was transporting saws in a decent vehicle a case would come in handy. My truck smells like leaking bar oil and saw mix.

My truck smells like leaking bar oil and saw mix.

Ahhhh the perfect smell. :rock:
My wife always hangs those stinky air fresheners on the mirror and i get in the car and my eyes water. One turn from the house and out the window it goes...Bob

Jonsered starts with an "H"????

My bad, Fish. This is the Husky bag. The Jonsered bags are very similar and quite a bit cheaper.

Good catch:msp_confused:

These are also limited to a 20" bar and a scabbard will slide up the sleeve to keep from tearing up the cordura and actually makes it easier to get the saw in and out. Plastic tray in the bottom to catch the drips.

Last edited:
You starting some Holeycow ****???? Them Echo ones are totally "square".....
Too much room in there....

I got a Stihl box with my saw. The box has no hinge, just a molded plastic flap, which is sure to break in cold weather, like all of those POS, cheap "hinges". If it didn't come with the saw, I would not have one for this reason alone. I like my stuff to last, and take a beating. I will end up doing what I always do with this type of box, When it breaks, I will either put hinges on it, or toss it in the garbage, depending on my level of disappointment at the time. Cheap box, like I said.

Thanks to, tdcarter

Thanks tdcarter,

I called the local store; and they pulled 3 from stock and put them behind the sevice desk.

I went in later and got 3 Toughchests.

I have Husqvarna, Craftsman, and Echo chests. Except for color they are exactly the same. Well not really, the local dealer wants almost $60 for the Husky chest (chest, taxes, shipping). So $15.97, for an Echo which is Orange, same size; is a no brainer.

There may be bigger chests, but these fit the smaller saws. Good deal.

I picked 1 up and it seems like a nice box. The price is right for a small saw!

I got a Stihl box with my saw. The box has no hinge, just a molded plastic flap, which is sure to break in cold weather, like all of those POS, cheap "hinges". If it didn't come with the saw, I would not have one for this reason alone. I like my stuff to last, and take a beating. I will end up doing what I always do with this type of box, When it breaks, I will either put hinges on it, or toss it in the garbage, depending on my level of disappointment at the time. Cheap box, like I said.

Yea , the plastic hinge pins are cheap. But before they break and wreck the box with a saw in it , I think I will measure them and replace with straight pins or door hinge
pins. Should make it a lot stronger. I also like my stuff to last, calling me cheap is a compliment. Too bad they didn't go the extra step and use the right the right parts in the first place. Where I work its not usually an engineering problem, its a bean counting problem. Sorry to rant but I'm tired of fixing new stuff.

I remember looking at one of these cases, and the pins looked like a decent polyethylene that was on par with the rest of the construction. Metal pins would be better, but it won't matter much if the weak point is the thin blow-molded polyethylene case.

what are these pins ye speak of? my Stihl box has no pins, only a thin plastic sheet that folds back and forth. You know, like on that plastic box that fell apart around your socket set and is now in 2 halves.......

If mine had some kind of actual hinge, it would be better than this.

Picked me up one too. :)

Figured it'd make a nice little Christmas tree stuffer for my dad's MS180. Throw a loop of chain in there and a file kit.

Will get at it and take a pic of the hinges, but looked to me they would do okay with any saw that would comfortably fit in there. Honestly, as said above, they look stronger than the plastic flap on the Stihl case, but may be better to replace the pins though if one is going to throw it around on a worksite or something.

Thinking I should have gotten one for myself, and some sort of chainsaw to go with it... lol. :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back