2015 Arborist lightweight pro saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olive

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Being a new year is upon us(2015) what is the bestest lightweight pro saw available that money can buy according to your demands?

some "know it alls:dumb:" need to consider finding something better to do than responding negatively to posts:laugh:

it's 4.40pm new years day, sat in the garden drinking mojito
You're right, I do have better things to do, we're having a margarita next

Happy new year

37c7e99c90da4080fae17dc87d2e2fde.jpg

OP, the hands down most revered top handle saw for a number of years has been the MS200T. This saw is no longer available new so the new choice seems to be a modified MS201T. I've never used one but they apparently aren't that spectacular out of the box but are when a short list of modifications is done.
This would mostly apply to those that are in a bucket or on a rope/belt much of the day. For people like me that do aerial work only occasionaly, the choice of saw makes less difference. I have been happy with my Stihl 019T and it does what I need it to do. There will be lovers and haters of the other options out there and there are many as most manufacturers field a top handle saw. So if you like Husqvarna, Tanaka, Echo, or whatever, you can get something in that color.

You have every right to make posts in the forum but most people read a lot of what's already here before posting unless you have a specific problem with a saw you are seeking answers for. This is a moderated forum which means you can't just post anything you want on here. Those that violate decorum get "gone". A word to the wise.

Those that violate decorum get "gone". A word to the wise.
Brush Ape already knows that. All your efforts to provide useful information are wasted as that was never the point of these threads - you've been punked.

Back