2016 Iowa spring gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. It came in with some other stuff and I basically mounted it to the blue angle iron and spun a chain or two with it. I believe it to be a breaker and spinner but haven't used both functions. It also took me a couple try's to get that nice of a rivet. It is self oiled with a small chamber under the red cap. I was going to keep it for portable repairs but chances are slim that I ever use it in the field over grabbing another chain or saw. I also have a foley Belsaw breaker and spinner in the shop.

b92466c097e19dd256a1cf2e17e89ff2.jpg

5598df1f899195181282b4932365bfdb.jpg

Sounds like Mike G. claimed it on OPE.

And since the name got blocked you know this other site is top secret and way cooler.

It will be at the gtg.

The little JD baby skidder is so cute (and handy).Is that a replacement Massey I see? Purdy!

The little JD baby skidder is so cute (and handy).Is that a replacement Massey I see? Purdy!
The skidder is a small one by todays standards, I suppose, but no tractor can do what one of those rascals is capable of. The big winch and all wheel drive is what really shines, that and the fact that it weighs a tic over 20,000 lbs. Yup, replacement for the tractor that burned. This is our first front wheel assist and so far liking it. It has a lot of lift capacity!!

The skidder is a small one by todays standards, I suppose, but no tractor can do what one of those rascals is capable of. The big winch and all wheel drive is what really shines, that and the fact that it weighs a tic over 20,000 lbs. Yup, replacement for the tractor that burned. This is our first front wheel assist and so far liking it. It has a lot of lift capacity!!
Yea you guys will love the MFWD (4x4, front wheel assist). I can speak from experiance that hills are a lot less arduous with all wheels working in your favor. I would like to have a rear diff lock that I could shift in and stay there until I shift it out but can't have everything I guess.

Very nice... And yes the little skidder is a huge help I'm sure. You guys are lucky to have the JD since it's designed exactly for that job!

Building is supposed to be here the 1st week of April,have not heard yet if that is actual.
If so will need some extra help settin up.
Dont know if it will get done before gtg ,but will try.
Gettin electrical poles set later this week,as they were compromised.Then find licensed electrical person to hook up.
Need to get concrete washed,weather has not been helpin with that,nor is it gonna.Talkin rain or snow tomorrow.and back in the teens at nite and 30's in day for a few days. Uggggggggggg! Oh well cant change it!

Building is supposed to be here the 1st week of April,have not heard yet if that is actual.
If so will need some extra help settin up.
Dont know if it will get done before gtg ,but will try.
Gettin electrical poles set later this week,as they were compromised.Then find licensed electrical person to hook up.
Need to get concrete washed,weather has not been helpin with that,nor is it gonna.Talkin rain or snow tomorrow.and back in the teens at nite and 30's in day for a few days. Uggggggggggg! Oh well cant change it!
the concrete was ok???

yes I think mark or ron posted it was ok for re-use.

I know I'll be busy a few of the weekends between now and the GTG... But if I have a free one and a one armed gimp is useful I'll come up to help. I could at least cook lunch or run errands or hand out drinks.
wellll, that danged sure will help keep costs down....crete is expensive.....

Latest posts

Back