201T is about to get smashed in the rocks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the impulse line and tested it tried blowing through it while plugging one end with my finger and it doesn't leak. Only thing left is the carb?

Just pulled the impulse line and tested it tried blowing through it while plugging one end with my finger and it doesn't leak. Only thing left is the carb?
No, you still have the engine that could possible be sucking air. If the carb swap from the brothers saw don't do it then it is time to do a vac test on the saw.

No, you still have the engine that could possible be sucking air. If the carb swap from the brothers saw don't do it then it is time to do a vac test on the saw.

Not sure if it was you or someone else that asked for a video but here it is

Y'all have had better luck with the 200t? I have a rear handle 200 that more then one dealer has been fighting with to try and get sorted out since new. I have no idea what it it'll actually run like healthy.

Y'all have had better luck with the 200t? I have a rear handle 200 that more then one dealer has been fighting with to try and get sorted out since new. I have no idea what it it'll actually run like healthy.
I have MS 200T saws but have had tons of carb issues though. What happens is the accelerator pumps wear out and the saw goes wah wah wah wah . There is a fix simple. What is yours acting like?

Right from new it wouldn't pull a load or accelerate. We've been into the muffler- finally just cut the screen out because it got ballooned out enough the plate wouldn't slide out anymore. First dealer had the carb apart- not sure what all they changed in it. Owner passed away there. Another shop has messed with fuel tank vents and other misc. items. They don't want to get into the carb on that saw- they are recommending a swap to another carb.

Right from new it wouldn't pull a load or accelerate. We've been into the muffler- finally just cut the screen out because it got ballooned out enough the plate wouldn't slide out anymore. First dealer had the carb apart- not sure what all they changed in it. Owner passed away there. Another shop has messed with fuel tank vents and other misc. items. They don't want to get into the carb on that saw- they are recommending a swap to another carb.
Swap it and see.

ChevyBob do you drink whiskey? Your stihls have consumed your entire weekend. I highly suggest a 355t or 540xp. And a 390xp. Have a drink for me I see you got a 200t.... you'll definitely smash the 201 look how huge the 201 is compared to the 200. Wild turkey 101?

ChevyBob do you drink whiskey? Your stihls have consumed your entire weekend. I highly suggest a 355t or 540xp. And a 390xp. Have a drink for me I see you got a 200t.... you'll definitely smash the 201 look how huge the 201 is compared to the 200. Wild turkey 101?

Lol not much of a drinker but I do need a beer or 6 after dealing with these Stihls. My 372 has NEVER given me a problem even after taking a ride out of a tree one time.

I wana get my hands on a 394/5 kid I bought my 200 from said he has a couple and could work something out for my 201

My guess is, you will find compression to be around 120psi, drop a fresh ring in it and go cut wood.

Latest posts

Back