2100 Westward Bound

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
Well I got this little bug that needs attention. John Lambert picked up a few 2100's last year and he gave me the cherry one in the bunch. He hed dropped several saws of to Dozer Dan to give them a look over and when I met Dan he gave what looks like a barely used 2100. After seeing what went on last weekend I just have to have one of these 6 cubers for next year.

When I got back a call to Dennis Cahoon was placed and we talked about what needs to be done to have a saw in the winners circle. Driver not included. So with the check book out and Saw on it's way here's the run down of work he'll be performing. First thing he will do is tear it down and see How cherry this baby is. Then he'll fit a head, Port and polish,new carb, he will make a Bar from scratch fitted with a roller nose.

I will make a call to Devil 2 and see if he can file a chain for it. I was going to ask John Lambert but his chain cuts fast the first 4 inches. Well thanks John for the 2100 and Dan for going thru it.

cherry 2100

Thats great Im glad you got a good one this time also glad you are having a real man port it not some CULL well hope to see you at Pauls next year

Marky, I thought you lost it all in the flood? Were you able to keep some of it? Are the 2100's water repellant or what?

Macman, you must be a porting master. John

some good and some BAD

No Im not but I can do good job you can never learn if you dont try and I have put alot of time into some saws and I will try to do it right the first time you cant put metal back Also why I said what I did is because I heard a story of a man that bought a saw off ebay and the saw was sold as a good saw that was ported and the saw lasted about 1 tree and blew up So last week I got to meet the man in the story and he is a good guy( not much of a cutter but a good guy LOL) also at one time I got a saw from the same guy and the saw didnt live up to the build sheet

Marky,
I have a new roller nose laying around, let me know if you need it,
Jerod

Well today is the day I will find out if we have what it takes for a 2100. Dennis ordered a carb, started making a bar for it also. Then it's make and fit the head. Do a little port tickle thingy. BAM a 6 cuber. Dennis is a hoot to work with also as Ed is.

I hope Paul has a small class saw next year also. I will have my piped EHP 346xp from Fast Eddy by next weeks end.

Hello Jarod, I'll take that rollernose, screw Farky, he's always getting fooked anyway. In fact Farky actually fooked himself all the way to the top. LOL
All kidding aside, look what I got in the mail from Barky yesterday!
John

Gypo,
Those look like the GB ti bars that were discontinued. They are great bars. I got one from Jeff and use it alot. They hold up well.

So whats qualfies this 2100 for a real strong saw? are there some 2100 stronger than others or built differantly? Cant wait to see this one spitting out lots of chips.

Please keep the pics coming and maybe some transitional pics of this 2100 from stock to monster.

Hunter

Well just my luck the cylinder and piston are from a 285. Looks like I got banged again. Seems like par for the course EH. I wonder how a 2100 case could have a 285 setup on it. I was informed it was a 2100 when it was handed to me. Well John tried his best. I guess I should just give up on these 2100's NOT. I would love to know how this pasted thru the cracks.
Dennis and the Big Dutchman called me and they were puzzled also. So sit tight and I will be posting pictures of Dennis Cahoon building this saw from the ground up " head, doing the carb, porting and making the bar". Port timing figures not included.:p

But never fear my alcohol clubs will soon be here.

Mark,
I am confused. How did your 2100 now become a 285? Was this a gypo saw or did it come from somewhere else? How could 285 parts be in a 2100 saw?
Hunter

Farky Fook, there is a method to my madness, I had a feeling this was gonna happen, so can I buy that 285 jug and piston as it is a thin ring and I want to put it on my 385. You can have the jug and piston off my 2100 as that was what you were supposed to get.
John

the 285 and the 2100 share the same bottom end so the jug will fit on either one and it goes the other way around here , the 285 was a very common saw here but when it need a jug and piston it got the 2100 jug and piston

Hey, Jacob J's looking for a good cylinder for a 2100. What the hell, he doesn't race so it shouldn't matter that it's a 285 cylinder. Make him an offer he can't refuse Marky! LOL

Hi Jacob,

Just thought I'd clue you in on this cylinder, since your not having much luck on the used equipment forum. Get your old porting tool out and giver a good grinding, and you'd have a screamer! (welding question) Can you stack dimes or are you a dog nut kind a guy? joe

Good Welder

Hey joe,

If Jacob J. can weld that cylinder on his hardhat, then he's probably a real good welder. He may look a little stupid, but I'm sure he's a good welder.

John no need to worry, they made more 2100's that day.

Dennis and the Doucheman called me again last night. The tank leaks, crank is cracked, pull started trashed and it was all held together with JB Weld so Dennis couldn't split the case. LOL DA

I could careless since now we are starting with new parts. It's just plain smarter that way. What takes my breath away is how I have gotten into this backyard NASCAR sport. One thing I like about it is I find it very therapeutic to play with a chainsaw. To me it's relaxing, we all like more power and noise so why not treat myself to a few toys. I made a comment once to Ed I don't see a need for me to own an alcohol saw. Now look what happens. Even John has a few alcohol burners now.

In all fairness Limpy you did your best, you even got a chance to walk a mile in my shoes.

Last edited:
Back