2101 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapo_feo

Reaction score
I picked up a 2101 last week for parts for my 2100, and now I have to get it running. I only wanted the muffler, but my CAD has flared up so I need to keep it. It had been sitting outside with the air cleaner off and the crankcase was full of water. Do I need to replace the wrist pin bearing? Any other things I should look for?

I picked up a 2101 last week for parts for my 2100, and now I have to get it running. I only wanted the muffler, but my CAD has flared up so I need to keep it. It had been sitting outside with the air cleaner off and the crankcase was full of water. Do I need to replace the wrist pin bearing? Any other things I should look for?

Yes, the bearings need changed out or they will go out fast if you dont. look for rust in and on every thing that slides or spins together in the fuel mix.
and clean clean clean, makesure allwater is out before starting the old girl: goodluck

Cary

Yes, the bearings need changed out or they will go out fast if you dont. look for rust in and on every thing that slides or spins together in the fuel mix.
and clean clean clean, makesure allwater is out before starting the old girl: goodluck

Cary

Thanks for the information. Everything in the crankcase looks good. Plenty of slime, but no rust, I'll change the bearings and the rings while I'm in there. I have never dealt with a waterlogged saw before so I have to ask. Is it advisable to give the crankcase the ol' diesel douche like you would a 4-cycle? - Fill the tank with diesel, sparkplug out, and crank her a few times to work the water out- Or is that not good for the bottom end bearings?

Thanks for the information. Everything in the crankcase looks good. Plenty of slime, but no rust, I'll change the bearings and the rings while I'm in there. I have never dealt with a waterlogged saw before so I have to ask. Is it advisable to give the crankcase the ol' diesel douche like you would a 4-cycle? - Fill the tank with diesel, sparkplug out, and crank her a few times to work the water out- Or is that not good for the bottom end bearings?

I think a " diesel douche" wont hurt a thing, diesel is a good cleaner.
Cary

Latest posts

Back