2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have told you this before, but man Grant that thing is beautifull! Bet it doesn't even breathe hard with that 44in bar eh? Nice saw's my friend.

My 660 is still in the shop, and my 2101 has been doing big stuff all big stuff! Single hande'd. Never was a secondary saw was made for the front line.

Last night I had a dream. It was about flagship saw's! I was counting them like sheep, and slept like a baby!

Parmeter, and I had to get a big pine down last night before dark. It split into two trees about 30 feet up it was about 80 feet, and 3 foot plus through. Cut a section of wire fence, and put it right between two post's perfect! Got it bucke'd into round's just before dark no daylight to spare it was a freebie. My very dear friend passed away, and we did it for his wife. Tried to pay us 3 times, and she broke down in tear's when we dindn't take the cash she was touched. You don't get many friend's like them, and what are friend's for pay me you kidding. Would have had a couple good pic's but John's step daughter was elected camera man, and she got tie'd up playing with the neighboor's kid. Well we got it down anyway.

A place for Veteran Faller's, and good feller's= Good guy's not to be mixed up with faller's LOL! Real, and big saw's not for newbie feller's, but real faller's!:msp_thumbup:

wow, you guys love your 2100's.
just registered in this forum and i am interested why the 2100 is so popular when larger saws are still being used.
later neil

I ve just added a 288 to keep my 2101's company, got the 288 and the 346 from fellow member nmurph and Im very pleased with them. I did a quick vid of the 288 when it arrived today it is on my youtube TrreworkDK feel free to put it on here !

Last edited:
thanks mate,,
I see an odd name here i seem to know, even old mac bob.
I can add a little to your thread as a few 2100s are still racing in australia, a couple with pipes and some without.
I tested a modified production class 2100 on the weekend for another racing mate, its just rebuilt using a 394 piston with 1 ring, mild porting and piston work plus a cutted original carby.
testing in spotted gum (hard wood) blocks, the saw hung on quite well as it was only basicly tuned. Another 2100 to re enter the racing ring for sure. I will ask him to send me a few pics of this saw so i can show them.

Hello Aussie brothers! Dave K nice stuff! I run my 2101 all the time.[/QUOTE

Good stuff Ausneil1. I have a 6 or so year old 660. I get into alot of big stuff, and used the 660 all the time, before getting the 2101. At first I thought it would be mostly a backup saw. Wrong I use it as much as the 660 love em both. It is really impressive to me that a saw that age is as good, or better than current model's similar in size.

Zach madsens carries a k&n 12 that is trapezoid shaped for 288s that fits under the stock cover.

Zach madsens carries a k&n 12 that is trapezoid shaped for 288s that fits under the stock cover.

Speaking of 288's, did any of you fellas ever here about Norm's buddy who traded a book to a guy for a 288 in return?...............:laugh:

I got my 2100 all primed, and ready to go cut some big trees on the 17th of this month. Man this waiting is like standing in front of the microwave watching the burrito cook..............it seems to make time go slower.........

Speaking of 288's, did any of you fellas ever here about Norm's buddy who traded a book to a guy for a 288 in return?...............:laugh:

I got my 2100 all primed, and ready to go cut some big trees on the 17th of this month. Man this waiting is like standing in front of the microwave watching the burrito cook..............it seems to make time go slower.........

Where you cuttin' big trees on the 17th?

Latest posts

Back