2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

1100CD

attachment.php

2100CD

Don't know if it holds true for all of them,, but my 1100 has the plastic handle. Perhaps there were some casting problems on the earlier ones?

Wow, that's kind of cool probably rare really. I have never seen that before. Now we gotta research it man. Cause I gotta know LOL! Curious I guess. You may have something there:popcorn: Still neat to see never would have guesse'd it.

2101xp W

Heres a pic of my very nice perfect running 2101xp West Coast, Non gov carb and never had a chain brake, not even a spot for it. All oem never worked on (yet) I killed one of the starter prawls so far, glad there are three of them. Compression "wow" I can carry it around by the starter handle with full tanks and a 34" bc with it turning over. Had it about 2 years. going to be my milling saw. COST!!! $255.00 out the door local pawn shop, no one wanted it!!!!!

2101xp W

Oh Little Possum!!! Thanks for the embed, as for it going anywhere, not much chance of that. I bought it because it was too good to pass up even came with 36" bc brand new. I didn't need it but thought about buying a mill to play with. Still don't have the mill but it is next months toy. These saws are workhorses thats what they are for, I just wish it wasn't so nice as mills can really ruin a saw. They are truelly great powerhouses and As far as I'm concerned in a league of there own. (metal case, sky high compression ratio, bullet proof crankcase, strong AV system)
I do believe they were the last metal case saws to sell in the US, mine is a 1989 anniversary all metal still.
They were VERY VERY popular out west here, I know a faller here who still uses in 2100 daily.

Anyhow thanks for letting me share.

Didnt figure it would leave. But I had to try. hah

But its yours, so use it how you want to!

Ill find one, once I get my priorities straight :)

Timber dollar's, sweet ass saw dude:msp_thumbup: Little possum I would trie'd to. You just gotta ask. I agree bullet proof stand alone:glasses-cool:

That's a gorgeous saw and a piece of westcoast history. I see yours has the anniversary emblem as well. Don't you love the way it sounds?

Hats off to Norm for being true to the 2101 legend.

Joe

West Coast 2101 MUSCLE

THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLY'S I just went out and fired it up to hear that "One of a kind idle" I had my buddy start it as my arm was sore from tossing firewood. My buddy's a stihl guy but man he wants one bad!!!
Yes my saws the Uncommon "W' version anniversary, I didn't really pay attention a couple years ago when I bought it, I didn't even realize it was a West Coast model till I saw the tag a week later, then started wondering what happened to the chain brake? Well that was answered quickly! theres no place for it. So I started checking around and took it to my local dealer to ask about starter prawls, Well that was fun I was offered a CRAZY amount of money for it so I left quickly before I was tempted!! (cash or trade for MS*** *** he said)
So thats the story behind it, I only used it once really so far, I fell a 36" cedar that was a wind hazard.
I still want a Partner P100 to compare to it, I know the 2101 will eat it but its just something I want to do.
I have feelers out around my area for monster Husky's, so far turned up a couple 480cd only. Again I'm glad everyone enjoys the pics, I thought Id show a little WEST COAST off, its my contribution to this site.

Last edited:
2101xp Anniversary edition

Hey Joe, My 2101xp had a twin brother that was separated at birth, I do believe your pictured 2101xp it its biological brother. I was told the other had a chain brake and was taken to BC. I was also told that they age very well for 22 year olds and the twin should be in the same condition and sound the same.

Nice saw and plates.

2101 cost versus 480

yes I agree Little Possum 480cd are good saws, but I have choices when it comes to my chainsaw addiction, I can't buy them all I haven't enough green stuff. the 480 seem to run more than 2100/2101 saws so????
I'll let everyone know If I find some I can't buy.

Thank's for the compliment Joe. I have been running saw's a long time, and one thing I take real serious. My saw's, and my cutting. LOng enough to know when you have found the real Mcoy!:bowdown: We should start a club a 2101 club, and of course the 1100-2100 are included.

Latest posts

Back