2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2101 the 1 issue

Ok love them, hands down great saws, 1 issue always burning in the back of my head!!!! Is my carb throttle shaft loose yet! Seems they go fast when they start eggin out. most replacements I see are loose too. Its my one issue and its not just limited to these saws. I'll have to pick up a NEW OEM one before I can't get them anymore for when mine gets loose. easy fix for great saws.

2100 club and 1100 - 2100

Thank's for the compliment Joe. I have been running saw's a long time, and one thing I take real serious. My saw's, and my cutting. LOng enough to know when you have found the real Mcoy!:bowdown: We should start a club a 2101 club, and of course the 1100-2100 are included.

Count me in, Norm.

Joe

Right on! Wonder how we get started? We will see they get there place in the hall of fame though:msp_thumbup: Thank's Joe.

Bloody hell, that vid has been round a lot of forums, i just saw it amongst all this interesting disscussion. I only raced that 125 a handfull of runs, as i blew it up.

QUOTE=ozflea;2978824]What a load of horse crap sure there's the odd one or two that might stir a little dust now and them but in there day Mac was it.

And SP125's are still floggin' em ............... did you notice what came second .......... who cares Mac won.

McBob.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Anyone know of a source for a 2101 crankcase gasket? I can't find the PN for it in the IPL. It only seems to show it as part of a complete gasket kit, which is NLA. BTW, mine is all cleaned up. I'm now having to wait on a few more parts.

I won't go into the ugly details, but let's just say, I need a crankshaft. I put an offer on one on eBay. I'm also going to order new Caber rings. Mine had .035 and .030 end gap!. Also ordering a new kill switch, fuel filter, and Elastostart pull start handle. My carb kit should be here Monday.

Bummer man sorry to hear that my friend. I know you will get it done, and right definatly a saw worth the fixing:msp_thumbup: If you cant find the part try my friend's at the saw shop, they have pulle'd off obsolete part's for me more than once. Cloverdale saw, and mower 707-894-2273

Here are the port timing number. This is after I removed the cylinder gasket, which set the squish to .024".

Exhaust - 107
Transfers - 124
Intake - 73

These are very conservative numbers. Should be lots of room for improvement. I do plan on porting it before putting it back together.

Bummer man sorry to hear that my friend. I know you will get it done, and right definatly a saw worth the fixing:msp_thumbup: If you cant find the part try my friend's at the saw shop, they have pulle'd off obsolete part's for me more than once. Cloverdale saw, and mower 707-894-2273

Finding a crank is no problem, although frustrating to need one:( There are several on eBay now. The only problem part is the case gasket.

On a better note, the muffler is looking real good. Some yahoo punched 5 holes in the front of it, like with a punch or something. Pretty pathetic MM. I welded them shut and ground it flat. A fresh coat of paint and it looks great.

Last edited:
Well I guess if they were all straight forward it might get boring LOL! Try them guy's see if they can get you the gasket. Can't wait until another 2101 hit's the road!

Brad there number is707-894-2273. Figure may be easier for you to explain, and cut out the middle man. If not can do it no sweat. Chuck, and Darin father and son shop. Have some real outstanding supplier's. Randy cloverdale is nice. I agree much better with the bypass!

Any luck Brad? Man one saw I wouldn't mind have two of! If I had the cash the one in the classified's would be mine too!

is there a bar oil adjuster on the 2100?is it hidden somewhere? or am i just an idiot that aint seeing it ? this thing is shooting oil like i have never seen.

You have to remove the oil pump to adjust it.There are two screws on top of the pump.If you are running a tiny bar (under 28")the longer of the two screws on the top of the pump goes in the aft hole.

Latest posts

Back