2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reveille is in the morning, depends on what 6 guns are being fired, .22 not so much, 105's oh yeah. Either way very cool sound and could also add a fly by of some military jets, best one I can remember would be a 3 ship of B-52's at tree top level full throttle and in second would be a 2 ship F-4 at tree top full after burner, don't see that to much anymore.

The only thing better than hearing the rumble of one, a 288, 395, 2101 is owning em all, and letting all three idle say on a sunday morning, be even better than taps! Or a six gun salute.[/QUO I love the tick tick of the idling 2101, im trying my best to find one that needs some work to make a project of.

The only thing better than hearing the rumble of one, a 288, 395, 2101 is owning em all, and letting all three idle say on a sunday morning, be even better than taps! Or a six gun salute.[/QUO I love the tick tick of the idling 2101, im trying my best to find one that needs some work to make a project of.
Good catch Jim, Taps is the sad one no thanks. Revile indeed:rock: keep looking one will turn up for you, If I find one are you ready to get it?? I can help maybe on the hunt.

Good point Jacob, good place to ask! P.S one thing that keeps me up at night there is one sitting on the floor at the saw shop, just needing rings trying to talk them into talking the owner out of it for me! And the shops owner his brother has a couple he does not use anymore, but won't give em up!

Good point Jacob, good place to ask! P.S one thing that keeps me up at night there is one sitting on the floor at the saw shop, just needing rings trying to talk them into talking the owner out of it for me! And the shops owner his brother has a couple he does not use anymore, but won't give em up!

Same here, local rental company has a 2100 sitting on the shelf piled up with 30 other saws with 2inches of dust! :msp_sneaky:

Well no monsters today but did get another Poulan 8500 running tonight and at 85cc it is close to being a muscle saw.
[video=youtube;7K8zPzeTAqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8zPzeTAqs[/video]
this is my second runner now all I need to do is get the 5400 going and that will make 3 85cc Poulans.
Photo0252.jpg

Couple Gratuitous Shots..................................

Put my 24" bar on the 2100 to buck some firewood. I wouldn't want to lug it around all day, but it sure was fun ! It really rips !!

chainsaws002.jpg

chainsaws003.jpg

Put my 24" bar on the 2100 to buck some firewood. I wouldn't want to lug it around all day, but it sure was fun ! It really rips !!

That is a nice saw. I remember running it up in Maine, and it inspired me to get mine......

At the time it had a longer GB bar iirc.

Last edited:
Do you like your frostbite bar? I have 2 of them, so far so good.

I'm happy with it. It came on my 372 when I bought it maybe five years ago. Got it right from the source @ Windy Ridge. The paint doesn't last any longer than anyone else's bars, but it doesn't have any wear issues. I would by another one no problem.

Back when it was new:

Chainsaws014.jpg

Chainsaws013.jpg

That is a nice saw. I remember running it up in Maine, and it inspired me to get mine......

At the time it had a longer GB bar iirc.

Your memory is good ! Yep, had a 36" GB bar on it in Maine. I was impressed enough with the saw to buy a second one. It needs some work........ runs when I squirt mix in the carb, but not on its own. And the tank is leaking from somewhere.... coming out the seam in the middle of the handle. Just haven't had time to mess with it yet.

If'n anyone here in the 2100 / 2101 thread has any parts saws...... I'm looking for the missing throttle lock pieces, and maybe an undented 'jungle' muffler. Possibly a used tank too, depending on what I find with the leak in the tank.

chainsaws005.jpg

chainsaws006.jpg

She's no prom queen !

Last edited:
Interesting dog on that saw Ductape. I've seen a lot of 2100's over the years and never seen one like that.

Nice saws Jim! Gotta love them wrap handles too. Nice saw Ambull:msp_thumbup: Cool on the two saws Scott, and I never saw a Frost bite bar? Just grabbed a Stihl es lite for one of my saws at work. It looks real impressive I think they are on to something. Yeah I noticed that dawg to Joe, never seen one either. Andy how is your saw my friend? Thanks for the heads up Steven on the Dolmar muscle! I will keep ears and eyes open for parts Scott, as always on the look for em. They have a few laying around here but won't part with em in my area, I keep working on them and hope one day they will crack!

Norm, the Frost Bite branded stuff is from out here in NH. They cryogenically treat bars and chains to a temp of around -375 degrees...... which supposdly hardens them and makes them wear longer. Good or gimmick ???? Not sure.... but the stuff seems to be as good as most other comparably priced parts.

Back