2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacob and I were BS'ng on facebook, and I told him he needed a 2101. He siad they were expensive I told him our thread here contributed to that LOL!

Jacob and I were BS'ng on facebook, and I told him he needed a 2101. He siad they were expensive I told him our thread here contributed to that LOL!

haha, true i'd say. keep them in the limelight and keep the value up.
As i said in the working mans thread, this is another example of a fine subject and guys who can relate to these saws, the time this thread has been open and growing proves its popularity world wide. :msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

I got to play chainsaws today and I think I am going to put the Poulan 8500 in the muscle category as I had it back completely out of the cut at a pretty good clip. I have never had a direct drive saw do this including my 066. I did get some video of it today but the video quit before the handle bounced off my shin.

[video=youtube;n21Nn808hPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21Nn808hPM[/video]

Pic of my shin.

Photo0258.jpg

What size is that bastard Jim? I will say muscle saw. Glad your ok dude. Nice saw!

Those Poulans are very strong 85cc saws that thing they're 100cc. If only Poulan had made a 95-100cc version, they would have held more ground in the logging market. Just like our wishes for a 100cc version of a McCulloch SP-81/PM850.....:cheers:

Aaron is right about it running like a 100cc saw, someone asked me on the Poulan thread what modern saw it compares to and I couldn't really say, but now that I think about it, it kind of reminds me of my 2100, weight, sound, and most of all TORQUE. I had better keep this hush hush or more people will find out that Poulan made some serious muscle saws.

P.S Jacob I have been on F.B, messaging back and fourth with some fellow Hillbilly friends. They grew up and ran the hills near me, and my hunting grounds. They live in Utah and all do tree work. Funny thing they were in CA for years and we probably passed each other many times, or were inches away, and never met. I recently met them through a mutual friend me, and him ran side by side for along time. So I have become good friends with them lately the Brown's. Sawpping hog dog stories, and tree cutting good times, they are good ole boys!

Those are some nice looking saws Chris...................It really beats the #### out of the usual stuff I find around here on CL.........:msp_mad: Though if I had 4bills I could pick up a sweet Alpina with a couple of like new Husky bars.

I totally Jon, Chris awesome saws man big husky's whats not too love! We can't forget the 285! 480 my shop asked for help with this fine network here to get parts, to revive one for a customer. Thout I was going to see the 076 Jacob LOL!

I totally Jon, Chris awesome saws man big husky's whats not too love! We can't forget the 285! 480 my shop asked for help with this fine network here to get parts, to revive one for a customer. Thout I was going to see the 076 Jacob LOL!

Nope not yet :(
Im in Junction city KS heading for Washington tomorrow.
I wont be able to get pictures for a couple of weeks...
But I got a neighbor with a big hackberry that needs cut up. and its got the 076's name on it! :rock:

Nice Jacob, looking forward to the pics. I got a new card reader, just got too get some work! LOL! And I am back in the club.

Latest posts

Back