2101xp/ top all time muscle saws!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a white oak log needing attention. my buddy was working it over with a 36cc saw (his gains were quickly _not_ exceeding his expenditures)... He enlisted me and all i had was the 7900-with fresh square ground on a 24"/8 pin. I worked in over pretty good, but saved a bit for slabbing/milling with the SIX[SUP]3[/SUP] saws.

He's got his esplitting laid out for him now. hope to get some pics next trip.

a day later:

Got Cali all dressed up and ready to pull chips...now for the wx to clear a bit.

making 150# compression with new rings and base gasket snatched (squish is still fat-fix that later). hoping comp will come up with a little wearing in. Only been started and twiddled with twice now. last night and tonight...standing in shop with bar/exhaust pointed out into the rain through open door. neighbors wondering where i'm keeping that honda.

Last edited:
My 2100cd arrived and guess what ?

Saw arrived today that I bought for $120.00 to my door via feebay! And my dreams came true!!! Jungle muffler and THIN RINGS TOO!!!!!! Its a full Jungle Saw! was thinkin it was going to be a frankensaw but it is not.
I'm takin it apart to see the cylinder differences between Jungle and Non jungle as the IPLs say there different, then going to do a full rebuild to it as soon as I round up rings.
It needs a operator presence lever and bucking spike that are both available here locally. Has good spark even though the wire is bad. Saw is all there and not to messed with.

Duane

Saw arrived today...
Duane

216801d1326336023-0111121810-jpg
216800d1326335989-0111121810a-jpg
216799d1326335959-0111121811-jpg
216798d1326335930-0111121810b-jpg

whoops i reversed the order.

Excellent buy, name it "Tarzan" or "Bunny" (no offense intended)

Last edited:
Good sh## Wade, 36cc eh, thats barely a chainsaw LOL! 7900 great saw. Duane great score man, definatelly a later model look's like mine. Thin ring too. I have the same crack in the air filter cover, must be common. Just a little sun fade, but it looks pretty clean man. Wade the sound of mine reminds me of my CR480.

and speaking of moto-sounds. i found this and cracked up. close your eyes...chainsaw race or motocross racers lining up?

FULL minute of staging:
2010 National Chainsaw Racing Championship 2 - YouTube

Wade,,, i was the first one out in that run. That timber (18 inch) was rough barked apple and incredably hard, no place for softies in that run. I will need to think which run that was. The best this country has was competing there that day.

Wade,,, i was the first one out in that run. That timber (18 inch) was rough barked apple and incredably hard, no place for softies in that run. I will need to think which run that was. The best this country has was competing there that day.

very nice-and decisive. still sounds like a bunch of dirt bikes at the gate.

is staging normally that long? my local guy tells me that they start with saws on ground. almost all the vids i find show starting with saws running.

very nice-and decisive. still sounds like a bunch of dirt bikes at the gate.

is staging normally that long? my local guy tells me that they start with saws on ground. almost all the vids i find show starting with saws running.

Well, generaly we go straight away but that run a couple of guys were a bit slow getting themselves and saw ready, some play up a bit to long and it,s bloody anoying.
We must remember that was austalian titles and pressure comes to the fore, some handle that better than others.

Wade I guess you are right, afterall the 2100's are the main evening topics! Neil you are in like flyn, my outback brother!! Im going cutting in the am. Hope I run into something muscle worthy! Im taking the pups! Of course.

Thanks Scott! I will get pics, even if nothing exciting, they will at least be new ones, and I will get some shots of the country side too.

Wade I guess you are right, afterall the 2100's are the main evening topics! Neil you are in like flyn, my outback brother!! Im going cutting in the am. Hope I run into something muscle worthy! Im taking the pups! Of course.

What is pitbull related dogs doing in a saw thread? :msp_biggrin:

Good lookin' dogs. and nice mix of saws. I gotta get the dogs out. they're a bit stir-nuts from not going to the woods for 3 days (wx). Just found out our loader (tractor) lost the clutch...so there's some (our first) mechanical downtime.

Going to take advantage of that to play with the 2100 (Cali).

BUT I don't have a filter for the stack on Cali, and no studs for factory filter. I've got to pull the pre-carb elbow offa BC to put a filter on Cali...and then we'll see how she'll run. So far only pulled the chain. Have a fresh loop on...hell is going to be in the 40's today...here we go!

is going to be in the 40's today...here we go!

I kinda went for a swim this morning. Thankful for the over priced waders and goretex jacket :D Icecycles hangin from the jacket when we left out. Handwarmer was froze solid, and gun was iced up and wouldnt function.

Did get my baby muscle saw back from the welder. 394 muffler is fixed. Now to find a suitable bar 28-36" and a outside big dog. :)

Had my day of cutting Thursday. Managed to cut and split a cord of wood from the fir that came down in a wind storm last fall. Nice 25 F day made the mud down by the creek just navigable with the F350 (didn't even have to use 4wd). Made quick work of it with the 372 (that thing is a screamer). Unfortunately nothing big enough for the 394 or 2100. Maybe next time out.

attachment.php

Nikko, that is Jude my little muscle dog. She will anchor down a 300 pound boar like you would not believe! And nothing but a love bug lap dog. Thanks Wade Tanner, and Jack are the tan two. 3/4 yellow BMC. And 1/4 walker. And Jude the brindle staff mix. Joe I agree the bulldogs are bionic and nothing but love bug's. I used to be against pit bull's untill I learned it was my own ignorance, and being judgemental. It's all hype media B.S! I ate alot of crow on that. Good deal Greg good times! I love my 372 as well. I ran the 372-2101-660 a little today. As usual I am the camera man so none of me cutting, which was only quartering a few rounds anyway, and bbqing, some pig sausage beans, and corn. Great day got about two cords split, and hauled, and bunch of brush ready to burn.

Back